Monday, September 14, 2015

For God is King of the Earth


“For He sees that even wise men die; the stupid and the senseless alike perish and leave their wealth to others.  Their inner thought is that their houses are forever and their dwelling places to all generations;…the man in his pomp will not endure; He is like the beasts that perish” (Psa. 49:10-12).

Hey Gang:  As I was pumping fuel into my vehicle, I happened to hear two gents discussing the state of the union in the aisle behind me.  And although I, being the nice guy I am, had no intention to listen to their conversation.  That would be eaves dropping and I certainly did not want to do that – but – it would have been virtually impossible not to hear some of what they were saying-- their voices  accelerating in intensity as each made his point.

As I was driving home a comment made by one of the participants stuck in my craw. He said, “The  people in leadership in the world today must be the most stupid of all time”.  I wanted to go back and get into the discussion but I did not feel, by the exuberance in their conversation, that they were interested in a third opinion, especially if it did not agree with what they were saying.

Now I would agree with them that it appears that Satan has done a monumental job and totally surrounded the Belt Way of Washington, D.C., with an impassible fence that does not allow common sense to enter the kingdom of leadership.   O, I know, God always has His remnant in place for the day when the world gets smart and realizes that when we violate God’s word by placing non-godly leadership on the thrones of government, we are planting the seeds of our own destruction. 

But it also appears the more successful a nation or empire gets the more they lay aside the very thing that made them successful and get the idea that the ‘creation’ is greater than the Creator.  As I thought about this subject, God sent me on a trip to Mt Carmel.  Been there a few times and can say it is one fabulous view.  The valley below is 480 square miles and has been called the most perfect place in the world to fight a war. You might have heard of it, it is called the Valley of Megiddo.

Now there was a prophet by the name of Elijah who was seen in the eyes of government as a “troubler”.  I believe we need a whole barn full of troublers in our Nation and State Capitals.  Now the word tells us “the troubler” Elijah, said to Ahab, the king,  ”You have forsaken the commandments of the Lord and you have followed the Baals”.  Send and gather to me all Israel at Mount Carmel together with 450 prophets of Baal and 400 prophets of Asherah, who eat at Jezebel’s table” (I Kings 18:18b-19).

When they had assembled, Elijah asked them, “How long will you hesitate between two opinions?  If the Lord is God, follow Him, but if Baal, follow him.”  Notice their answer – they remained mute.  Ne’er a sound!    Elijah then presented the ground rules for a challenge to the 450 priests of Baal.: “Now let them give us two oxen; and let them choose one ox for themselves and cut it up, and place it on the wood, but put no fire under it; and I will prepare the other ox and lay it on the wood, and I will not put a fire under it”  (vs. 23).

Now, contrary to today where the enemies of God are not willing to lay down a fleece before the Lord, they (the prophets of Baal) agreed and the preparations were completed.  The Word tells us they prepared the sacrifice and called on the name of Baal from morning until noon saying, “O Baal answer us”.  They cut themselves, they raved, still no voice.  As a matter of fact no one paid any attention.

Elijah now moved to center stage and built an altar of stone to the Lord. He made a trench around the altar, large enough to hold two measures of seed, arranged the wood and cut the ox into pieces and laid it on the wood. He then filled four pitchers with water and poured it on the burnt offering and on the wood and then did it a second and a third time.  By this time the whole area was soggy wet.  (vs. 33-34).

“Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt offering and the wood and the stones and the dust, and licked up the water that as in the trench” (vs. 38).  Now let’s get back to question, are the leaders of today any more stupid than those of the past?  If I would have been one of those Baal prophets, I believe I would have been on my knees acknowledging that Elijah’s God was the true God of the universe and I want to be part of His family.  All of the people who were there, except the prophets of Baal, fell on their faces and worshiped God.  But not the prophets of Baal, they remained firm in their stupidity and paid with their lives.

Sooooo, my friends, were the prophets of Baal anymore stupid than our leaders who will soon ratify an agreement with a savage nation that, while deciding what should be included in the agreement was sending constant threats that one day soon they will annihilate Israel and reign their terror down on America?   You be the judge – who is the most stupid or is it a tie?

Blessings,

Gramps   
New Post on grampswhatshappeningman.blogspot.com: Hey Diddle Diddle

No comments:

Post a Comment