Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Have We Reached the Point of No Return? (continued)


“And all the hosts will also wither away and the sky will be rolled up like a scroll” (Isa. 34:4a)
Hey Gang:  I find it necessary to stop periodically and rest my weary bones, when out cutting wood or doing other physical-type activities.  I thank my heavenly Daddy that at 81 plus years I am able to cut wood, mow the grass and do what needs to be done around our home to keep it up to speed.

 The other day, when I was sitting on a log, l noticed a beautiful cloud formation, but then again I believe every cloud formation is beautiful.  While watching, I wondered about the verse, “God would roll up the sky like a scroll”.   As I sat there the clouds were piled high into the sky.  I thought there may be some water for the folks down the road a ways.  But there was also some blue peeking through.

I wondered what it would look like if the sky was rolled up.  Could we see into heaven?  And, if we did, would it be into the same heaven that Paul was “caught up into?”  I can find no references for the first and second heaven, and I wondered about that.   There are several religions that talk about a seventh heaven.

In a recent blog I referred to a Scripture that alerted God’s family that, “We are surrounded by a great  cloud of witnesses”.  Does that mean they are close and can see our activities?  Are they just beyond the sky?  Paul tells us only God knows these things (2 Cor. 12:3) and goes on to say “was caught up into paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak” (Vs. 4). 

We received word the other day, that Jean’s uncle, a pastor and true saint of our Heavenly Daddy, passed away at the age of ninety-eight.   Wow, what a homecoming that must have been with all of those saints there to greet him at the gate: family, others whose life he impacted with the Word, or walked with them side by side into the Kingdom.  Besides seeing our Savior, will there be a greater reward than to stand before the Father with those whom God has used us to bring into the Kingdom?  I think not!

There was a neat story in one of my devotionals about a very wealthy man who was nearing death. He received a visit from an angel to brief him about what he could expect in heaven.  After receiving his briefing, he asked the angel if he could bring one suitcase with him.  The angel bent the rules a little and said, “Yes”.  When the man arrived at the pearly gate the angel who briefed him, met him at the gate and asked to see what was so important that he could not leave it behind.  It was filled with gold.  The angel’s response: “You brought paving material?”

Soooo, my friends, there is no question that time is running out.  Jesus said, “When all of these things (signs and wonders) come into view, be aware, Your redemption is drawing near”. (Luke 21:28).   

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment