Monday, November 16, 2015

Have You Taken A Spiritual Inventory Lately?


God’s Power Principle For Today:  “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want, He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul.  He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His namesake” (Psalm 23:1-4).

Hey Gang:  I recently completed my bi-annual physical ad came through with flying colors.  Flying, but not near the night altitudes I once flew at.  As I get older I tend to be more careful to make sure all the parts are still working as they should.  I must admit that I am more aware of many of those parts due the messages they send to my brain.

God seemed to be saying to me, this morning, when was the last time you took a hard look at your spiritual physical and examined some very basics of a strong Christian walk with the Lord?  Inventory questions that one should ask themselves objectively on a monthly basis.

Question number one:  “Kermit do you still believe?”   “Do you still believe that I love you unconditionally?  That, if you were the only person on earth, I would have died for you?

Kermit, “Do you still believe all things work together for good for them who love me?”  “Do you believe I love you – that I forgave all your past sins, present sins and even all future sins, if you will trust in me?”

Kermit, ”Do you still believe you are in the palm of my hand?  That you are more precious than gold to your Savior?” 

Several years ago I was completing a financial audit for the end of the year and felt a tap on the shoulder and the question, “You are more concerned about your finances and what and how you will pass those worldly assets down to your children.  How about your spiritual legacy? Have you passed it down to your children, your grandchildren and your great grands and to all of those you call friend?  After doing an assessment of my seed planting program to those I love, I confess I developed a guilt complex for negligence. 

Gramps Morning Thoughts grew out of that guilt complex, first to my family and to a few close friends, but in the three plus years we have sent out morning messages, the numbers have grown and we are nearing number eight hundred and have received over 50,000 hits on the blogs.  I tell you this for two reasons.  First, if you would question all of the teachers of my youth, especially those with the task of trying to teach me English and writing, all would give a resounding “no way” if asked if Kermit, the hillbilly kid with buck teeth could achieve such a plateau.

Secondly, I am the one most blessed- for I have been from Genesis to Revelation many times since beginning the writings.  I confess, I have been spoon fed by Abba Father; many times I have sat down at my computer without a clue as to what God would have me write about, when suddenly the light came on, often from a recent Scripture reading.

One last point I would like to leave with you, a challenge.  I have asked God a zillion times or more why He chose me to develop the Village, when I had absolutely no tools to work with.  His reply has alsways been the same, “Because you were available!”

So my young lads and lassies, what say ye?  Is it time for a spiritual physical?  It could be as the Balm of Gilead that turns your joy into dancing!  Oh, while you are investigating, don’t for get to ask the question of yourself, “Am I available?” 

Blessings,


Gramps
FYI:   New post on grampswhatshappeninbman.blogspot.com on Sat Nov 14, part 2 on Tues Nov 17

No comments:

Post a Comment