Wednesday, February 15, 2017

There Is A Sadness In My Heart


“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn.  This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord” (Isaiah 54:17).

Hey Gang:  On our most recent trip to Israel, we arrived at the Ben Gurion Airport shortly after it was announced that Donald J. Trump was our new president.  While there, a young man, that I believe was from England, asked how I felt about the outcome.  I commented, when things are not going well in any situation, it is always best to try a different road and pray that it works out better.  That is my prayer for Donald J. Trump.

But, as I watched the news, and I seldom do that these days- too depressing, and see the rioting in the streets, the rebellion on college campuses, and the refusal on the part of our leaders to lay down their gauntlets and join hands to fulfill the new Presidents desires “To Make America Strong Again”, I felt a sadness like I have never felt before for my country.

A sadness not for myself, I have been blessed with 83 years and will one day soon move on to the  eternal part of my life, but for my grands and great grands.  I feel a shame deep in my soul for the world that I will leave them. 

In our morning devotions, my bride and I are reading two books, one by Dr. Richard G. Lee, titled In God We Still Trust. The theme of the book is found in Psalm 34:12 “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord”.  It is a powerful book that tells the reader of the profound evidence of how the Bible impacted on the building of the foundations of our nation and how our nation has been blessed by God for our faithfulness in living true to those roots. 

The second book is titled The Book of Mysteries by Jonathan Cahn.  We have been an avid fan of Rabbi Cahn’s writing since he wrote The Harbinger and The Mystery of the Shemitah, both excellent books, if you are seeking Christian direction on what is happening.  I believe Rabbi Cahn is a prophet for this day, along with several others.

The morning devotion for today was titled “The Serpent’s Blood”.  The object of the devotion was a “snake”.  I don’t know about you, but I do not like snakes.   As a child growing up in the mountains of Pennsylvania we had copperheads and rattle snakes that we had to be fearful of.  I can remember my parents continually reminding us that snakes are cowards and live under stones. 

Cahn’s Devotional is a conversation between Teacher and Student. The student asked, “Are snakes evil?” The teacher responded, “No, but scripturally they do represent evil.  He went on and said, “snakes are cold blooded and evil is cold blooded.”  As I read this devotional I thought about what has been happening in our country and what is going on now. 

The Teacher’s point: Though evil may have its day, it’s victories, it’s time to move and strike – it remains cold blooded, therefore, it cannot endure.  No matter how powerful it may seem or how entranced it is, it cannot last.   Deception is cold-blooded, hatred is cold-blooded, slander is cold-blooded, oppression is  cold-blooded, all evil is cold-blooded. 

So, even though I am sad about what is happening in my country, I have hope! I believe in the end, the good will always outlast the evil.  Therefore, I will continue to persevere in believing in and doing the good, keeping on with what is true, standing for what is right and praying fervently that good will soon begin to overcome the cold bloodedness of our time. 

Jesus, in his dissertation of what the world would look like as the Age of the Gentiles comes to a close said, But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved” (Matt. 24:13). 

Jesus also said, When all of these things begin to happen, don’t sweat it, just look up and know that your redemption is just around the corner(Luke 21:28 Hillbilly Rendition). 

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment