Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A Lesson Leaned: "Persistence Is A Key to Success"


“As Jesus went from there, two blind men came up to Him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”  They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.”  Then He touched their eyes, saying, “It shall be done to you according to your faith.” (Matthew. 9:27-31)

Hey Gang, I mentioned in a past blog that words written by human hands have but one meaning, but the Word of God is a virtual source of new material, each time we read it, that meets us at the point of our need. 

I do not know about you but I must confess that many times I do not prepare my heart to receive what God wants to teach me from my Scripture readings.  I have always had a concern that people will become ‘habit readers’ and not ‘in-depth readers’ after years of a steady diet of gramps morning thoughts. 

Let me put that principle into living reality.  I have read the story of the two blind men, in the above Scriptures, many times but must admit I have always read through the story without seeking what God might be saying to me in the story. 

So, I decided to dig a little deeper. Although not amazed, because God’s word is so rich in showing us hidden truths that we so often just slide over, when we dig a little deeper we learn the bottom line of the story-  two blind men cried out for mercy and for Jesus to heal them, and He did!  End of story – right?

But is that all God wants us to see in this passage? Are there other lessons to be learned?  How about the persistence of the blind men – they saw their chance and went for it.  Or how about their determination – they were not willing to throw in the towel simply because Jesus was surrounded by a mob of folks also seeking healing. 

And then there is the fact that they were not intimidated by the mobs and certainly were not fearful to take their need to the Lord.  How about verse 31?  After being healed they went out and shared the good news that Jesus had healed them.  I plead guilty to the many times God met my needs at a critical time but I failed to do some bragging about His love and concern for me.

Finally, note, they were not afraid to make a tough request.    As I meditated on these words, I got the sense that God was saying, ”One day, when you stand before Me and give an account of what you did for My Son on earth, those times, when like the two blind men, you were as bold as lions and spread the good news that Jesus is Lord of your life, will bring a smile to your Lord’s face.”

So, my young friends, put on your armor and get ready for battle today, for Satan is as a roaring lion seeking to destroy the works of your hands. But also know that God’s grace is sufficient.

Blessings,  

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment