Friday, January 19, 2018

Are You Living In Battle Mode?


"But I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which dwells in me” (Ro. 7:23) Paul also said, "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the wiling is present in me, but the doing of the good is not" (7:18 - read 7:14 through 25).

Hey Gang; Question? How many realize we are in an on-going war? A war that never ceases, nor will it cease until Yeshua Ha Mashiach returns and takes back what is rightfully His.   Years ago, I heard a pastor say, “The war begins the moment we put our feet on the floor in the morning.”  I would alter that!  I believe it continues even during the night time hours.  Satan is relentless and never sleeps and continues to harass us, even when we think our minds are beyond his reach

Paul writes, "The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up.  I truly delight in God's commands, but...not all of me joins in that delight" (Ro. 7:19). 
  
What's happening?  Your flesh (self) is at war with your spirit, seducing you into relaxing your defenses; and the moment you do, It will ‘nail you’.  Then comes the whisper, "Go ahead, it's no big deal, everybody does it.  Who'll know anyway?"  Learn to identify that voice before it becomes a thought entertained, a deed done, a habit formed and a character ruined.

I know you are very aware of this but let me remind you anyway, "Your New Birth doesn't do away with your old nature, it just brings it into sharp contrast!" You may be redeemed, but you still live in a carnal body and the enemy likes to twist even the good.  If you try to fight the flesh in the power of the flesh, you'll just end up fighting yourself.  What's the answer?  "Walk in the spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh" (Gal. 5:16) How do you do that?  By studying and obeying God's Word  - instead of doing what comes naturally!

So, if you ‘blow it’ occasionally, don't get discouraged.  You were programmed from birth to walk in the flesh but now you're learning to walk in the Spirit- - a new set of values, new companions, new priorities, new resources and New Management!  Your New Birth began a new battle. To win requires that you are fully clad with the armor of God; the helmet of salvation firmly fixed and sword, which is the word of God in hand and all parts between covered. (Ephesians 6:13-19).

Sooooo, when your armor is in place, Satan cannot tell you from Jesus! Be battle ready!!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment