Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How Great IS Your Good News, Lord!


5/2/11
“For yet in a little while He who is coming will come, and will not delay.  But MY righteous one shall live by faith; and if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him but we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul” (Hebrews 10:37-39).

Hey gang”  Do you think the writer of Hebrews is telling us that faith is a command?  It surely sounds that way.  One of my greatest fears is not for the trials and tribulations I, my family and my loved ones are going through but for those who do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

 I shudder when I think of the terror and dangers of unbelief.  Unbelief carries with it a whole barn-full of very frightening fringe benefits.  Foremost in that package is the fear of what is down the road.  One fear today leads to another tomorrow until we reach that point of never-never land where we fear everything, past, present and future.

We worked at the Red Cross blood bank several weeks ago and a man came in to give blood.  When I asked him for his phone number, he would not give it to me.  When I asked for his email address, her would not give it to me.  When the nurses asked him a question he would not give them the information they requested.  His reason, he feared the information would get into the wrong hands.  He was a man controlled by fear.

But it does not have to be that way.  Note the words of the Psalmist “How great is Your good news, Which You have stored up for those who fear You, Which you have wrought for those who take refuge in You, Before the sons of men!  You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man; You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues” (Psalms 31:19-20).

Wow, is it not neat to know you are a child of God and all of the promises of His Word are ours and we can take them to the bank.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment