Friday, May 20, 2011

They Were There!


“There were also some women looking on from a distance, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the Less and Joses, and Solome.” (Mark 15:40)

In the development of the Village we were especially blessed to meet many wonderful people. Many of them were grandmas that kind of adopted this young couple that were up to their armpits in alligators.

One, who was very special was Granny Bliss. She once said that she gets up in the morning and the first thing she does it read the obituary column to see if her name is in it. If not she goes about her day with as much gusto as she can muster but she also was quick to confess a lot of her get up and go had got up and went!

My grandma once told me that some people are commissioned by the Lord to do the works of the Lord and some folks were commissioned to provide the prayer covering for the works. There were many days when taking time in my prayer closet was not possible, but I knew the grandma’s “were there” in their prayer closets.

In the story of the cross we find the women “were there”. They “were there” at the trials, the beatings, the road to the cross, the crucifixion, the burial and the victorious trip to the empty tomb.

When I married the bride-of-my-youth we were unequally yoked together for I was a Laodicean believer – neither hot nor cold. But the prayers of my wife, my mother, my mother-in- law and my grandmother soon changed that. They “were there” in my times of need.

Soooo, my young colleagues, keep in mind that someone is praying for you today. How do I know? Because I pray for all who receive this message each morning. I pray you are praying for the writer of these epistles, for you see, we are all one in Christ and Christ is one with the Father, and one day we will be united for eternity at the Marriage Feast of the Lamb. Woooooooow! !!

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment