Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ripple Effect


Skiing on Mount Hermon (ICEJ Staff photograph)Israeli skiers on Mount Hermon
Today's picture is of Israelis enjoying the snow on Mount Hermon, in the Golan Heights. It reminds us of Psalm 133:3; It is like the dew of Hermon coming down upon the mountains of Zion; for there the LORD commanded the blessing-life forever"

Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you  become fishers of men.”  Immediately they left their nets  and followed Him”.  (Mark 1:17-18)

Hey Gang:  Have you ever thrown a stone into calm waters and watched the ripple effects that takes place.  Many years ago,in the very early developmental years of the Village I was  doing a training session with our young staff and after completing it, one of the staff came up and said “God showed me that one day there would be a ripple effect that will go out from here and impact on many lives”. 

In the past years since completing my tenure as Super Eagle at the Village, I have asked the Lord for direction on how He would have me live the remainder of my life, and the one thing that He made very clear was, when you are a child of the King, there is no rocking chair in your future.  As I have studied the Word I find no place where God instructed one of His servants to
get out a rocking chair.

Did you know that the most powerful creative forces in the world are caused by the ripple effect.  It was always a joy for me to watch a wet behind the ears young person begin to gain wisdom and understanding and grow into the person that God designed them to be.  And especially rewarding when I could see the ripple effect in their lives.  As Bruce Barton wrote, “when we invest in the life of another, we purchase a slice of immortality”. 

I received a call recently from a young man who was part of the very early Village family;  I had not heard from since his departure.  His reason for calling was to thank me for investing in his life.   As I thought about that call, I became increasingly aware that nothing was more important in my life than to be a pebble in the life of those God sent across my path.

Soooo, I have decided to focus my future on continuing to be a creator of ripples.  I want God to throw me into the waters of young lives and create ripples that will challenge, enable and energize my grand- children’s generation.   Hey, how about you?  Grab some of the golden nuggets that are found planted throughout the Word and become a  ripple maker!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment