Monday, May 28, 2018

Did I Hear Correctly? (Eagle Village Tweener Years #1)



David wrote: “I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry.  He brought me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm” (Psalm 40:1-2).  The writer of Hebrews wrote: “And without faith it is impossible to please Him for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him” (Heb. 11:6)

Hey Gang:  If I were to write a book on the things that I learned in the development of Eagle Village, chapter one would be titled, “He who waits for the Lord will go through many frustrating experiences while He hones the wheel for action”.  Three words that I would emphasize throughout the book would be commitment, patience and obedience. 

There was no question in my heart and mind that God clearly sent an Abrahamic message to me: “Pack it up and go where I lead you to go.”  But as one very wise seer said to me shortly thereafter: “Be advised, at the same moment God placed His call in your heart and mind, Satan also placed a “bull’s eye” on your back!”

At the moment we received our call to close up our California life and go where He would lead us, we entered a three-year wilderness experience where I cried out daily, “Did I not hear your voice, Lord?”   A property had been offered for us to come and take four boys into our home and nurture them into a better lifestyle. Then, if the Lord provided the way, we would see if it was His will that we expand to six or eight beds.    We were advised that the interest was strong for more beds and a group of men had consented to become the legal entity on which Eagle Boys Village would be anchored.

But, the days turned into weeks which turned into months and my questioning increased: “Did I hear Your voice Lord, or was this a figment of my imagination?”.  Finally, after the passage of a year I was advised that if this project was going to become a reality, I was going to have to come to Michigan and be the legs of its development.

Did that give me peace of mind?  In no way!  As the husband of one and the father of four, my first concern was, what if I did not hear God correctly and I was about to place my family in jeopardy!  Our cry was we needed some sort of assurance from the Throne Room of heaven before we put up the for-sale sign.

And assurances He gave!  While cutting the grass one day, a neighbor approached me and said, “I under-stand you are going to sell your house and I would like to buy it.”  Really, I didn’t know that.   This was followed by several other surprise events: the income tax return came back in record time and, we learned, the county for which I worked had been making payments into a retirement program for me.    We now had sufficient funds to make the trip.  The hardest decision - I had to part with my sports car.

I close today's epistle with this revelation learned in the heat of battle: “If you feel God is calling you for an Isaiah call “Here am I Lord, send me!”  and you are waiting for God to send you a taxi to provide for your needs, you will probably be waiting at the taxi stand this time next year.  We learned very quickly that Jesus command to His disciples, and to you and me, was a very simple but powerful word - “GO”.  That “GO” is a trigger word that moves His children into action!

As Paul Harvey said, “Tune in tomorrow for the rest of the story.”  

Blessings, 

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment