Friday, October 5, 2018

Oh, I Wish I Was So Wise When I Was A Young Whipper-Snapper!!


“A gray head is a crown of glory; It is found in the way of righteousness” (Pro. 16:30).   Where is the wise man?  Where is the scribe?  Where is the debater of this age?  Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world” (1 Cor. 1:21).  “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.  A good understanding has all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever” (Psalm 111:10).    


BE ADVISED:  THIS TURNED OUT TO BE MUCH LONG THAN I ANTICIPATED BUT IN REVIEWING IT I DO NOT SEE ANY PLACE I WANT TO CUT SO HAVE DECIDED TO BREAK IN HALF TODAY AND HALF TOMORROW.

Hey Gang.  I assume everyone out there has kept their head out of the sand and up to speed in what is happening in the swamp, called Washington, D.C.  I confess I have gone from high blood pressure to extremely high blood pressure during what I, personally, believe is an extremely dangerous way to conduct business at any level of relationship, but especially at the top government level where their actions impact on every citizen in our nation.

To give you a tiny example of how I believe the actions  driving one of our political parties, are dangerous to the stability of our nation, let me share two messages that came across my computer this week.  These are people we know personally:  first is from a young lady, very intelligent, but one might observe that she is very secure in her opinions!

She wrote: “Though all the evidence and even Kavanaugh’s own behavior during the hearing support Ford’s allegations, that shouldn’t even be the determining factor.  Regardless of whether or not Kavanaugh assaulted Ford, we do know with 100% certainty that Kavanaugh lied about numerous details yesterday to the Senate Judiciary Committee and to the American public.  He is a liar.  That ought to disqualify someone from the highest court of the land.  If the GOP approves Kavanaugh, they demonstrate their disregard for the truth, the law, and the constitution.  It’s treasonous.”

The second from a person who has survived the wars for the past 79 years and carries the scar tissues of experience.  She wrote:

“Gonna vent.  I am 79 years old.  I have lived through Carter, Reagan, Clinton, 2 Bushes, and Obama.  Never, never in my lifetime have I seen a President be scrutinized over every word he speaks, humiliated by the public to the point of wanting to hurt someone, slandered, ridiculed, insulted, lied to and about, threatened to murder him, threatened to rape our beautiful first lady, and have his children insulted and humiliated.  I am ashamed of this Country.  I am ashamed of the ruthless, hating, cruel people that have no morals, and feel they have the right to say and do the things they are doing.  I don’t know how to fix it.  I wish I did.  Every other President after they got in office were left alone, they weren’t on the news 24/7 being dissected by every word out of their mouth.  Always being pressured to do this or that and so now we have pleasure of discussing tax reform but for how long.  Whoo – hoo, I am sooo not excited.  Leave him alone and let him do his job.”  

As I read and reread the word of these two ladies from different generations, I had totally different feelings.  In the one I felt anger, even hatred and no room for discussion or seeking understanding - even the truth.  She had made up her mind, period.

In the other I felt sadness, deep hurt and a degree of anger for what has become to this once very proud, powerful and light to the world.  A recent leader in Canada said before his Congress, “Who will replaced America in our world, if they go down?”

Tune in tomorrow for the second half. 

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment