Friday, December 21, 2018

But I Am Concerned for My Holy Name



“It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for My holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you went.  I will vindicate the holiness of My great name which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst” (Ezek. 37:22-23a).

Hey Gang:  Does that sound a wee-bit contrary to the Abrahamic Covenant?  The Abrahamic Covenant is an unconditional covenant where God said, “I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you.” (Gen 12).  

But notice, God continues by giving us the reason for the above statement: “Then the nations will know that I am the Lord”.  When I think of Ezekiel, especially the last half of the chapter, I tend to think of it as being the “I will” and “Then they will know” chapter.  I also get the feeling that God is not going to sit idly-by and not come to the aid of His chosen people.

Where do I get this idea?  The very next verse - He Makes a promise to this rebellious nation: “For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands, and bring you into your own land” (vs. 24).  We have been blessed to see this become a reality in our generation.  In the past year 28,598 Jewish people/olim have made Aliyah from 249 countries, 9,000 from Russia. 

God goes on and gives them a listing of the fringe package He has in mind for them:  “He will sprinkle them with water and they will be cleansed from all filthiness and idols; I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you.’ I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  I will put My spirit within you and cause you to walk in My Statutes; and You will live in the land of your forefathers” (Ezek: 36:25-29 slight modification from the writer). 

In essence God is setting the table for the coming of the dry-bones prophecy.  As I read this portion of Scripture-for the who knows how many times again, the thought of parallels entered my thinking.   We have no valleys of dry-bones in our News today. But, we do have on-going reports of many prophecies pertaining to what is coming down for God’s chosen nation in preparation for their coming to know the Lord as their long awaited Messiah and Lord and Savior. 

And where are we in that process?  Zechariah is a book for this very hour. There is a very clear description of where Jerusalem and Israel are - in God’s prophetic word this very hour:  “Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah.   It will come about in the day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured.  And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it” (Zech. 12:2-3).

In a recent communication from the head of he Iranian army, He avowed that the day was very near when every Jew would be annihilated!  This has been the battle cry of the sons of Ishmael since Arafat’s first decree that the day is rapidly approaching.

So, what is the next headline that will appear in the New York Times?  Many believe it is the follow up to today’s Morning Message, the Battle of Gog and Magog.  Join with me in the next Prophetic Morning Message and we will do some digging!

Blessings,

Gramps  

No comments:

Post a Comment