Wednesday, March 25, 2020

God's WInd Power













“He Brings the wind out of His treasuries.” Psalm 135:7

Hey Gang, the above picture has been the view out our front window – roots of more than 30-foot Pine tree - since the first big wet snow and wind in early winter.  Yes, we praise God that it fell towards the woods, not towards the house.  It is a good conversation starter!

I have been wondering how to include this picture in a blog.  Today, I I found a connetion.  Not only do I read the current Guidepost Devotional, but also older ones.  This year I am reading in 2012 Book.  As you read this March 25 Devotional from Daniel Schantz, I think you will see the connection to ‘wind power’.  We, too, have driven by these awesome wind farms in Illinois.

    From a distance they look like angels doing their morning calisthenics. As we get closer to the wind farm in central Illinois, I pulled off to the side of the road so we can admire these towering pinwheels on the prairie. “They’re so majestic,” my wife says in a reverent whisper.

  I read that they’re taller than the Statue of Liberty, and their blades bigger that the wings of a jumbo jet. We watch them a long time before reluctantly driving on- soon the turbines are just little white daisies in my rearview mirror.

  The force of the wind has been present since creation, but only lately we have learned to lasso these invisible horses and put them to work.  It was just a mater of putting something up there to catch the power.

   The rest of the way home I think about all the forces that exist in my life, just waiting to be tapped. I think of all my friends who stand ready to help me when I humble myself and ask for assistance.  I think about the energy of positive attitudes: optimism, hope, courage, decisiveness. Arthur Gordon’s famous line comes to mind: “Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.”  I think about the magnetic power of prayer to attract God’s help. I think about my library, my Bible, my computer, my family – all treasures of information, when I access them.

  “Who has seen the wind,” wrote Christina Rossetti. “Neither you nor I: But when we seethe trees bow down their heads, the wind passing through.”(One of my favorite scriptures is Isaiah 55:12 “…the trees of the field will clap their hands…”

  Lord, I bow my head, asking you to fill me with Your Holy Wind, that I might be a source of power to those around me.
Me, too, Lord.

My thought:  With this Caronavirus crisis many of you are out of school, working from home or not working. Soooo, be creative in family interactions, games and communication, take time to harness God’s Power by  sharing  Devotions, God’s Word and Prayer power.

Blesseings,

Gma J

No comments:

Post a Comment