Sunday, December 12, 2021

Is you JOY Meter Engaged?

 

Hey, gang, We had a wind storm that took out our electricity yesterday (Saturday). Thanks to family and neighbors they got my generator started.  Rumor was it was to be back on early evening.  However, the time came and went, and the update said Monday evening! I was not thrilled with joy. (We don’t run the generator at night.)

Family and friends prayed for peaceful God-filled sleep. And I slept well.  Awoke to a text from neighbor that electricity was on, and he would be over to help disconnect!!  What a pleasant surprise!  My heavenly Father watches over me!  Thank You Jesus!  You continue to send special surprises!

What a special blessing as I started my morning devotions, “Morning with Jesus” and read this special JOY-filled story which I choose to share with You. Be blessed.

 

“You will go out with JOY and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before You, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” Isaiah 55:12 (NIV)

 When Scott and I got the news by text from our realtor that our offer had been accepted on our new home, I had to bust out in a few nineties dance moves. Since college, the Running Man has been my dance of choice.  Flinging back my head, I pumped my arms, proceeding with a jig of jubilation.  Scott started laughing. His laughter wasn’t just because of my superior dance skills or the fact that I could keep up the dance for only about seventy-two seconds. It was brought on by his sheer unadulterated JOY.  We had been surprised, once aagain, by the goodness of Jesus--upended by His amazingness.  He blessed our socks off. It is what He does.

When Mary learned that she was going to miraculously give birth to the Son of the Living God, she broke out into a hymn of praise about the Lord’s goodness.  When her cousin Elizabeth, who was living out her own pregnancy miracle, greeted Mary, John the Baptist broke out into his own dance of JOY…in utero.  They were all caught off guard by the promise and presence of Jesus. The Savior. Emmanuel. God with us. Jesus is too wonderful to understand.  His ways are too marvelous to behold. He delights in surprising us with His mercy, grace, and love  in the most out-of-the-way places and in the most impossible circumstances. Jesus is always waiting to break into our lives with His goodness.  In this Advent Season, embrace His JOY.                       _____ Susanna Foth Aughtmon

SOOO dear family and friends, watch for ways Jesus blesses you with JOY, not just at this special season when we often look for miracles, but throughout the whole year!!

Blessings,

Gma J

No comments:

Post a Comment