Sunday, December 11, 2011

Have You Been on a Roller Coaster Lately?





 Hey Gang:  Do you know what I am talking about when I mention the phrase “Ups and Downs”? I believe most would agree that life is filled with its ups and downs.  Wise King Solomon certainly did (Ecc. 3:1-4).
Solomon’s daddy, David, was called a man after God’s own heart. (I Sam 13:4, Acts 13:22).  Yet David’s life was a perfect example of one whose life was filled with ups and downs.

  He wept over the loss of His and Bathsheba’s first born “2 Sam . 12:22) Yet he also wrote songs of praise and his mouth was filled with laughter and his tongue with joyful shouting (Ps. 126:1-3).  All the time?  No!  With the death of Absalom he agonized in deep mourning (2 Sam.  18:33).  But when the Ark was brought to Jerusalem, he put on his ephod and danced before the Lord (2 Sam 6:12-15).

I have taught many times that if I were able to see my life charted on a graph with highs and lows, I would find that when I trusted in the Lord and placed Him first in all that I said and did, I would find myself on the top of the graph but in those times when I said, "Okay Lord, I’ll take it from here” I would find myself on the bottom of the graph. 

We do a dis-service to ourselves and others when we portray the Christian life as peaceful and happy all the time.  Instead, the Bible portrays the believer's life as one being filled with ups and downs. 

Soooo, in what season are you?  No matter where you are in your life graph, the way out of the doldrums is to seek the Lord with all your heart and place your trust Him.  But keep in mind that it is in the ups and downs that we see God come along side and  “smooth’ the road.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment