Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Poof! Gone!!!






“Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come” (Matthew 24:40-42).

“I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken  and the other left  Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken [ and the other left” (Luke 17:24-35).

Hey Gang:  Several nights ago I had a terrible and very frightening dream.  I was out in the woods working, came in for my afternoon coffee and one of Jean’s delicious snacks but when I got there I could not find her.  I looked all over the house. No Jean.  The car and truck were in the garage.  And there was no note on the refrigerator telling me where she had gone.

And as I ran to and fro in a nervous dither, the above verses began to resonate in my mind.  When at the apex of my dream, I heard the door close and there was the bride of my youth who had taken a walk and stopped by the neighbors to swap stories.

But the more I thought of that dream the more I felt God sent it to me for a purpose.  It has always amazed me that so few people have any comprehension of what that time referred to as the “hereafter” really is.  When one looks at the context of existence we note that in reality we are just preparing ourselves for that period referred to as ‘eternity’ and this is but a proving ground for that experience. 

I do not believe there is a more frightening verse in the Bible than Rev. 20: 15” “And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”  The fabulous part of that verse is the “if”.  It is God’s desire that none perish, but all must chose to have their name recorded in His book of life. (2 Pet.3:9).

I tend to think of those who read this ‘morning thought from gramps’ are part of the choir whose names are securely recorded in the Lamb’s book, but each day we cross paths with many who are not. The wonderful part of the story is – the story does not end with Rev 20: 15; it is followed by the fabulous description of what awaits those whose names are listed the ‘Lambs Book of Life’.

Soooo, Pray today that God will send you a person who needs to hear the wondrous story of Yeshua, God’s gift to all who choose to accept Him as Lord.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment