Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Soon Old and Too Late Smart


Holy Land Picture of the Day  
Eilat with the Edomite hills in the background (ICEJ Staff photograph)Eilat
Today's picture is of Eilat, the resort city built on Israel's Red Sea coast, which was completely desolate 64 years ago. It reminds us of Amos 9:13-14; "Also I will restore the captivity of My people Israel, and they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them; they will also plant vineyards and drink their wine, and make gardens and eat their fruit. I will also plant them on the land that I have given them>"
    
"My son, if you will receive my words, and treasure my commandments within you.....Then you will discern the fear of the Lord and discover the knowledge of God" (Pro. 2:1).
   
Hey Gang: I have made a brilliant observation in my more mature years. - there are different levels of blessings!  Now I know a blessing is a blessing, is a blessing, is a blessing, and I am not saying that we should not be humbled and thankful for each and everyone blessing- no matter how minuet it may seem to be.
                               
I have also learned that the blessings that have made a lasting impact on my life are not the bangles and beads variety, nor the rungs on the ladder that I was able to achieve, and certainly not in the things that God has blessed me with in the area of material things.

I heard an old salt preacher say, "We do not have even the remotest comprehension of how many blessings God gives to us, on a daily basis, that we do not recognize.   A young man tells the story of the day he was getting ready to leave for work and for some reason his new car would not start.   Frustrated, he tried one last time before taking the bus to work and it came to life.  The results he was a half hour late getting to work.

The date was 9/11- and we know what happened on that fateful day.  Over two thousand people were killed in a hideous attack on the Trade Center.  That half- hour delay getting to his work site saved his life.  Lucky break? or blessing?

I love the story of the man who passed away and was going through the indoctrination period in heaven.  On this day they were taking a tour of heaven and all the neat things that God has prepared for his saints.  In their travels they passed by a very long building, set off by itself, which the guiding angel ignored. The man asked, What is in that building?  The angel replied, "You do not want to know" and kept going.

At the end of the tour the angel asked if he had any questions, and the man again asked,  "What is in that building?" The building contained long shelves with bags tied with ribbons.  The angel said each person who walked the earth has a bag here.  They contain all the blessings that God wanted to give to His children that they refused to receive.

Sooooo, as you put your threads on and pull on your shoes preparing for a trip through the mission field today, be alert.  God has a special blessing for you- but you must be alert,recognize it, and don't forget to thank Him for it!!!

Blessings, 

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment