Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Thought or Two About Satan's Sifter




"Therefore, those who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right" (I Peter 4:19)

As I mentioned in the last morning message, I am totally convinced that Satan is pouring out his wrath on the people of faith because he knows his bell has been rung and there is a pit waiting for his soon arrival.  I always get a warm feeling in my heart when I read Revelation 20:1-3: "Then I saw an angel (not a band of angels, one angel) coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand and he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years  and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer".  Wow, is that not a day when all of God's people will rejoice?"

Would it not be great for God to set up a gigantic set of bleachers and all the martyrs that have given their lives for Christ through the ages would be present to see that glorious event?  But as the pastor reminded me, when I said I have a list of things I want to ask Jesus, when I am face to face with Him "You will not even think of that list when you are in His presence.”  As I run that thought through my brain, I am more convinced each day that is true. 

Are we not seeing an unprecedented barrage of sickness, affliction, trouble after trouble and one problem after another - all of which make an overcoming life seem impossible to any believer?  But John blew that idea out of the water for those who Love the Lord and called according to His purpose: "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation but take courage; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD."  (John 16:33).

Paul, our good buddy, put this in perspective when he wrote, "We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Eph. 6:12). This verse is more than mere words and we need to imprint in our hearts and heads for the days of evilness that surround us.    We are told by Paul to make sure the armor is spit and polished and in place and Samuel's reminder that the battle is the Lord’s.  (I Sam 17:47).

Soooo, my Christian brothers and sisters, take it from an old salt who has spent considerable hours in God's sifter, He is faithful and true and is in the firey furnace with us.  Remember what he said to Moses when Moses was in the fire of his life:  "Tell them I AM is in your yesterdays, today's and tomorrows,” (Hainley rendition) and  keep in mind Jesus words "I am with you always even to the ends of the earth".  (Matt. 28:20)

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment