Friday, May 17, 2013

Are You A Rider or A Pusher?




 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.  Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil" (Eph. 6:10-11).

Hey Gang:  I had an interesting thought pop into my head, when I was reviewing Jesus’ words in Matthew 24 pertaining to  what will be happening when the Father releases Him (Yeshua)  to return to earth. So, with your permission, I would like to do some ‘rambling’  this morning.

I had just read one of Joel Rosenberg's messages about the disastrous road our President is taking us on- as it relates to Israel. I had just  read Joel 3:2, which warns those nations that would turn their back on God's chosen land.  I believe we have seen Gal 6:7 fulfilled many times over in the many tragic events that have occurred close to those times when our leaders have demanded that Israel give away covenant land. Not sure that is fact?  Check out William Koenig's book Eye to Eye, where he lists more than 50 such tragedies.

But, then again, I suspect there is a deafness in our Nation’s Capital pertaining to the warnings that are oh, so clear.  I have just completed reading the Books of Kings and Chronicles again, and, as I read them, I wondered why the people who have the Bible available to them - the words of God, who created all we survey- refuse to even open the covers of the answers for each and every dilemma that faces our Nation. 

Kings and Chronicles consist of a chronological sequence of all the kings that have been on the thrones of Judah and Israel, since they cried out to Samuel, “We want a king just like everyone one else”.  One would think that since God honored that request, they would see the folly of man’s ability to rule.  God was certainly right on course when He told Samuel, “Tell the people your King/ human government will take and he will take and he will take”.  Have you checked the news lately? It seems to be filled with the new devices the government have come up with – “to take and take and take”.  

Why is this?  Why can those whom we think have the ability and are worthy to lead us not see that there is nothing new under the sun?  One does not have to be a brain surgeon to recognize that the mega laws and regulations are placing a strangle hold around our Nation which will not permit it to grow out of its tragic path to  the ‘cliff’ that has filled our news lately.     A verse that has become a daily cry from the depths of my heart are the words of Habakkuk, "How long, O Lord, will  I call for help, and You will not hear? (Hab. 1:1-5).   It is a section of Scripture that is worthy of your time

But getting back to the question, "What happens to people when they are elected to office?”  Do they lose their common sense when they cross the boundaries of the Belt Way?   Again, one night when pondering this question, God lead me to a very neat Scripture in Judges 9:8-15.  I have read that passage on other, even numerous occasions but it never stuck out in bold print before.  Again due to space and the fact that I worte about it last month, I will not quote it here and leave it up to you to see if God says to you the same as I think He said to me - "We have to many brambles in the Belt Way and not enough Olive Trees". 
   
But I also suspect there is even a deeper problem – God, through Solomon, makes it clear that wisdom is a gift from God and the beginning of wisdom comes from knowing the Lord as Lord and Savior.  Solomon made it pretty clear when he wrote, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge" (Pro. 1:7a).  Notice he following that with these words, "Fools despise wisdom and instruction" (v.7b).  I will leave that lay, but must admit I do have some strong feelings about Solomon's words.

Sooo, my friends, one might get the idea I am about ready to throw in the towel on this once great nation.  No, that is not the truth- for I do believe we have many committed prayer warriors in every corner of these United States.  But I believe many of those warriors have let their armor get rusty and no longer affective.  God gave us the key to restoration in 2 Chronicles 7:14: "Be humble before the Lord, pray diligently and put off those things that offend the Holy Spirit.”  "And let that begin with me".

 Blessings,

 Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment