Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Believe It or Not!!


"As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years, Or if due to strength, eighty years, Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow; 'for soon it is gone and we fly away." (Psalms 90:10)

Hey Gang:  Wow, thank you Lord for the tremendous blessings you have given to me.  Today is one of the plateau's that most folks tend to look at with mixed emotions - my eightieth year on God 'creation.  Recently had the blessed opportunity to spend some time with a person I dearly respect and is suffering with terminal cancer. He fired me up, once again, to be all I can for the Lord as long as He leaves me here.

We spent about thirty second's talking of his infirmity and the rest of our conversation centered on his coming eye to eye meeting with His Savior Yeshua Ha Mashiah.  As I listened to his testimony I could hear the angelic choir singing "What a day that will be when my Savior I shall see, when I look into His face the One who saved me by His grace!    What a glorious day that will be!”

Years ago we had a very special friend; He was just a kid and had committed his life to His Lord.  In his final year of college, in preparation to be a full time ambassador for His Lord, he began to have sever pains in his head.  The doctor confirmed he had a brain tumor but the good news it was operable.  The bride of my youth had the privilege of tutoring Buzz replacing some of those memories that were lost in the operation. 

One of the very neat things about Buzz's recovery, he loved to sing and play his trumpet and, although there were holes in his memory, there were no holes in the songs that he sang.  Several years following his first surgery tragedy struck his life once again with a second tumor and a second operation and a second recovery. Buzz had every reason to be in the down mode but such was not the case - his testimony was strong and beautiful and like Ryan, my grandson, his testimony was a powerful witness of his commitment to His Lord.

And then the ultimate tragedy, a third tumor, more ominous than the first two and it was inoperable.  It was not long until he was unable to be cared for in his home and moved to a nursing home where he spent his final months.  Buzz was unable to speak during this time.  He had a New Testament that he literally wore down by rubbing it across his chest.  Then one morning the nurse who cared for him came into his room and Buzz was sitting up in his bed. Tho his speech had been difficult to understand for some time, he said very clearly, "Nurse Jane, "Today I am going to see my Jesus". He laid down and within the hour made his triumphal entry into God's heavenly kingdom.  

I would be remiss if I did not share this one miraculous story that occurred in his second surgery. During the operation Buzz's heart stopped and he was declared dead by the doctor.  The operation was stopped and the operating room vacated.  When the orderly came in to take Buzz's body to the Morgue, Buzz sat up on the operating table and spoke to the orderly.  Can you imagine the shock that went through the mind of this young orderly?  The doctors were called and operation completed and Buzz  lived for several years.

Soooo, my many good readers, as I have experienced the aging process it has been a wonderful trip of changed focus and the many opportunities that God has given to me to share the wondrous and neat things He has allowed me to experience.  A growing family, a joyous privilege to be part of developing the Village programs and see lives changed and, in recent years, the writing of Gramps Morning Thoughts.  Your comments and sharing that the blogs have provided light in days of trials has been the fuel that has fired the writing of these messages that I pray are from Abba Father.

I praise Him daily for the Cadillac of my life that God blessed me with 56 years ago, my Jeanerenno, for my children, grand's and great grand's.  I feel badly that when God calls me home I will leave them with a far worse world than I inherited when I arrived on this earth.  But then again, I am convinced Jesus is preparing His army to come and take back what is rightfully His, and our David and Ryan are preparing the stallions for His return.  I take great comfort when I read Zechariah's words, "…and the one who is feeble among them will be like David".  Wow, what a neat promise!`

Soooo, so I ask  "Are you fired up for the Lord?"  Can you say with Buzz- if this is the day my thumper stops thumping ‘today I am going to see my Jesus’?”  I pray so!


Blessings,

PS.  From Gramps and Gma who has edited, chosen pics and added to the 430 plus Morning Thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment