Monday, September 16, 2013

Living in the Battle Mode

"But I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which dwells in me"  (Ro. 7:23 )  Paul also said, "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the wiling is present in me, but the doing of the good is not" (7:18  - read 7:14 through 25).

Hey Gang, Question? How many out there realized we are in an on-going war, a war that never ceases nor will it cease until Yeshua HaMashiah returns and takes back what is rightfully His?   Years ago I heard a pastor say, the war begins the moment we put our feet on the floor in the morning.  I would altar that!  I believe it continues even during the night time hours.  Satan is relentless and never sleeps and continues to harass us even when we think our minds are beyond his reach.

Paul writes, "The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up.  I truly delight in God's  commands, but...not all of me joins in that delight" (Rom. 7:19). 

What's happening?  Your flesh is at war with your spirit, seducing you into relaxing your defenses.  And, the moment you do, It'll ‘nail you’.   It'll whisper, "Go ahead, it's no big deal, everybody does it.  Who'll know anyway?"  Learn to identify and say no to that voice before it becomes a thought entertained, a deed done, a habit formed and a character ruined.

Your new birth doesn't do away with your old nature, it just brings it into sharp contrast. You may be redeemed, but you still live in a carnal body in a fallen world.  If you try to fight the flesh in the power of the flesh, you'll just end up fighting yourself.  What's the answer?  "Walk in the spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh" (Gal. 5:16).  How do you do that?  By obeying God's Word, instead of doing what comes naturally!

 You were programmed from birth to walk in the flesh, so if you "blow it" occasionally, don't get discouraged.  It appears from Paul's letter to the Roman's that he dealt with this very problem in his life.  He wrote, "For what I am doing, I do not understand, for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate".  (vs. 15)  I can say "Been there and done that" and continue to deal with that issue on a daily basis.

Satan is on a campaign to feed as much smut and garbage into our eyes and ears as we will allow him to do  It is virtually impossible to watch the ‘boob tub’e more than ten minutes without seeing or hearing something that is not pleasing to our Abba Father and, for the formative years of the younger generation, it can contaminate their brains very rapidly.

Sooooo, how do we protect our mind and heart from doing the very thing we hate?  By learning to walk in the Spirit with a new set of values, new companions, new priorities, new resources and new management.  Your ‘new birth’ begins a life-long battle.  To win you must live in the  "war mode". Paul's antidote for not doing the thing we hate, "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has set you free from the law of sin and death."  (Rom, 8:2).

Blessings,  

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment