Friday, November 22, 2013

Are You Up to Speed on What is Happening in Our World?



"For the day of the Lord draws near on all the nations, As you have done, it will be done to you.  Your dealings will return on your own head" (Obadiah 1:15).

Hey Gang:  I am truly amazed that in this day, when all of the promises made in the Bible are becoming more clear, increased numbers of people have chosen to "go their own way". 

We just returned from volunteering for a month at Voice of Martyrs, a ministry that seeks out, encourages, and provides support for believers who are in the midst of persecution. In Chapel, there, we hear from so many and it is just amazing that in the midst of persecution they say, “Don’t pray that I be freed from prison, beatings or persecution, but that my faith will stand the test and my witness will lead my persecutors to the knowledge of Jesus Christ”,.

In training for the underground pastorate, one of the courses taught is ‘How to Conduct Yourself when  Imprisoned’ as a witness for Christ – often times requires discrete and creative methods. Those who become Christ followers know it is not a question of if you go to prison but when and for how long.

 As I listened to the various speakers who present the morning messages at the chapel services, I found myself asking, “If I were threatened with death, if I did not recant my love and faith in Christ, would I stand firm on the Rock that is my Savior?”

I find it absolutely amazing that where persecution is the worst the underground church is growing the fastest!  When one of the underground pastors was asked, “Why does the church in the United States not grow as the churches in the communist and Muslim nations?”  His response, "Because there is no persecution.”  In other words, the American church is unaware of what it means to sacrifice for the Lord who loved us so much He sent His only Son to die on a hideous cross for us. We are too comfortable and not dependent enough on Father God..

As I listened to speaker after speaker the message was very clear, they had a clear understanding of what Jesus meant when He said, "There is no greater love in the world than a willingness to lay down one’s life for their brethren." (I John 3:16).

As we were driving home from Bartlesville, Oklahoma, the home of Voice of Martyrs, I had hours to review what many of these folks shared with us.  We were also ahead of the storm that hit Illinois with the force of many hammers. I sense God has been sending our Nation messages that it is time to get our house in order.

My greatest concern is not what is happening in our country today, even though that is of concern, but rather that our country appears to be saying to Israel, “Give up your Covenant Land or else…" and that my friends that is a dangerous stand to take.  Joel makes it clear that those that turn their back on Israel will pay the piper.  Joel 3:2 clearly states.  "I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat.  Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, "WHOM THEY HAVE SCATTERED AMONG THE NATIOHS AND THEY HAVE DIVIDED UP MY LAND".      

Sooooo,  my friends and neighbors, have you noticed the tremendous fires we experienced this summer, the record numbers of violent tornadoes, the many floods, drought and other weather conditions.  Do you think it is time for the Church of America to wake up and humble them selves before the Lord and pray and put away all of those things that grieve the Holy Spirit? (2 Chron. 7:14).  Notice: that challenge is addressed to - not the world but "MY PEOPLE!


Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment