Monday, November 4, 2013

The fabulous Wonder of Blessings


“To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic,
 brotherly, kindhearted, and inherit a blessing,  not 
returning  evil for evil,  or insult for insult , but giving 
a blessing instead, for you were called for the very
 purpose that you might inherit a blessing” (I Peter 3:8-98). 


Hey Gang:  I have made a brilliant observation in my mature years – there are different levels of blessings!. Now I know a blessing  is a blessing is a blessing, and what I am not saying is  that we should not be humbled and thankful for each and every one no matter how  it impacts on our walk with the Lord.

But, I have learned that the blessings that have made a lasting impact on my life were not the bangles and beads variety, not the opportunity to climb the corporate ladder and certainly not the material things with which that God has blessed me. No, they are needed to  keep us alive and well but they are least on the list of things I am thankful for this morning. 

We all have high points in our lives, some we recognize and others tend to pass us by, not realizing how they might impact on our lives. I never realized how a trip to watch a football game at Ferris State College would change my life forever – it was there I met the pearl-of-great-price who would later become the-bride-of-my youth. 

I am writing this morning message from Bartlesville, Oklahoma where my bride and I come each year to help send out the mailings that brings  in the finances so that the Voice of Martyrs ministry can provide a shirt tail to hang onto for God’s persecuted believers around the world.  Wow,  what a blessing it is that God has given us health to play a tiny, tiny role in helping to reach out to those believers who are standing firm on the Rock  and witnessing to those who would harm them.

That is the main focus of our time here but, as we were walking through warehouse on our arrival and greeting the many friends that we have come to know and love, I heard several say, it is good to have you here again, thank you for your faithful giving of time and resources, it is such a blessing to see  you again…wow, Lord, how neat to be so blessed. 

Sooooo, my dear friends, when you put your threads on this morning and pull you shoes on and head out the door, remember you are entering the Mission Field. Be very sensitive to the fact that God will cross your path  with a hurting soul; you may be the only Bible they will see.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment