Saturday, December 28, 2013

Something New? Or same Old Stuff?


"And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold. I am making all things new," And He said, "Write for these words are faithful and true".(Rev. 21:5).

Hey Gang: Another New Year is rapidly approaching;  I suspect it will look a great deal like the last one if you let it.  The leaders of our country would have us believe it will be better this time around but I think I will take a wait and see attitude. 
  
I am not one to make New Year’s resolutions.  Jesus, in His Sermon on the Mount said, “You have heard the ancients were told, “You shall not make false vows, but shall fulfill your vows to the Lord,”  But I say to you, make no oath at all”.  I wonder if that includes New Year’s Resolutions?

But I am also a believer in taking a peak at the road I have traversed and seeking God’s direction and His will for my life in the coming year.  I am an avid ‘Israel watcher’ for I believe Israel is the key to what is going to transpire in the coming year and beyond.  I have contemplated doing a second blog, weekly, just to keep folks alert to what is happening in Israel, but not sure if there is interest in my doing that.  You might drop me a line if interested. 

In Zechariah we read, “Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around”….It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured.  And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it” (12:2-3). 

One does not have to be a rocket scientist to realize that Jerusalem is indeed a cup that is causing reeling and a heavy stone in the affairs of the world.  And what is the next step?  “For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle".  It sure does look like that prophetic word is rapidly coming together.   I would suggest it might be well to check you baggage and make sure you are packed to do some flying. 

Sooooo, my young buckaroos, perhaps it is time to take a moment and take a peek at where you have come from, and pray and seek the Lord’s will for where He would have you go in this New Year.   Keep in mind Jesus’ instruction to His disciples - Go!

Blessings,

Gramps



No comments:

Post a Comment