Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Understanding God's Provisions

God's colors in Israel and the rest of the world. Sunrises, sunsets and fires - never tire watching. 

"In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the Revelation of Jesus Christ" (I Peter 1:6-7).

Hey Gang:  The sun just peeked through the trees.  I love this time of the day when I am secluded here in my study alone with the Lord.  I wonder how I survived all those years when I did not discipline myself to begin my day with the Lord.  O, I had many excuses as to why I did not, but I have learned that God knows how to make up and expand the time I spend with Him.

Many years ago I received the following ditty from someone, can’t remember who, but it has been on my wall ever since, along with a lot of other reminders that God is the Lord of my life in whom I have all faith.  It goes like this:

"Good morning, I am God, I will be handling all of your problems today.  Please remember that I do not need your help.  If the devil hands you a problem or situation that you cannot handle, Don’t try and resolve it.  Just put it in the SFJDT (something for Jesus to do) box.  And keep in mind, I will address it in My time, not yours";

Once you have placed it in the SFJDT box, don’t try and hang on to it or dig it out of the box.  That would only delay the solution. If it is a situation that you are capable of handling, please consult Me in prayer to be sure that is the proper resolution. 

I do not slumber or sleep, therefore there is no need for you to lose any sleep.  Rest My child.  If you need to contact Me, I am only a prayer away".


Point from an old duffer: When we trust in Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we become a child of God, one who is both born and adopted into the family of God. As such, we become the recipients of God’s personal care as a loving heavenly Father.

As God is perfect, so His care must also be perfect and complete. As children of God, all believers become the personal responsibility of an all wise, sovereign, and all powerful God, who, as a heavenly Father, cares in an infinite way for each one of His children.

We have a fabulous promise from God through Peter, "And God will exalt you in due time, if you humble yourselves under his mighty hand by casting all your cares on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7.

Soooo.  My young friends, keep in mind that God never changes.  He never slumber or sleeps therefore there is no need for us to lose sleep when we find our back against the wall.    All you out there who are heavy laden today “Be humbled … by casting all your anxiety upon the Lord.”

Blessings,

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment