Monday, December 9, 2013

Yes, I Am Frazzled !

  


"Then the Lord cried out to Moses, Why are you crying out to Me?  Tell the sons of Israel to go forward.  As for you, lift up your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it, and the sons of Israel shall go through the midst of the sea on dry land." (Exodus 14:15-16).

Hey Gang: I ain't going to try and con you, my faith has been sorely tested in these past months.  Now I know, since I am talking to most folks who are faithful members of the choir, you won't have a clue what I am talking about but, then again, maybe there is one or two who might.  I also have another confession to make, I have spent a heap of time searching the Scriptures and digging out all of the verses on "seek and find, ask and I will give" verses.

I would also confess to you that when the "alligators are up to my shoulders" and creeping higher, I tend to seek those times in the Word when the writers tell me of the tremendous miraculous and awesome times that God overcame the alligator brigade and gave His children victory at the very last minute, just when we tend to throw the towel over the cliff. 

On May first 2001 I retired my last Bible and transferred its ownership to a grandson only after I had tediously transferred every jot and tittle from it to the new Sword, an act of love I had done many times before.  I am presently in the process of a repeat performance and another of my family will become the recipient of my present but very well worn Bible. 

Now, I tell you this not in a boastful manner but rather as a challenge to each and every person who reads this message - Make sure you Pass Your Christian Legacy Down to Your Children. 

I would also confess to you this morning that when you reach the ripe old age of eighty you tend to look at things differently.  Perhaps this will be the last such exercise in transferring data from one Bible to another.  When I was at the car dealership looking at what I would like to be my next set of wheels the thought entered my mind - this may be the last car!! 

Getting back to the subject at hand, I have been racking my brain seeking those times when, if God would not have moved right now, it would have resulted in disaster.  I would suggest that if I asked ten folks, who are familiar with the Word, nine might have answered "the experience at the Red Sea” or Sea of Reeds or whatever title you might place on that body of water. 

There is no question the children of Israel were in a heap of trouble.  A barn full of Pharaoh's chariots beating down on them filled with very unhappy warriors who had just lost their first born..  I would also suggest they had built up a head of steam while dealing with bloody water, frogs, gnats, pestilence, boils, hail and other very unpleasant inconveniences. 

The sea was in front of them and Pharaoh and his minions approaching from the rear -time to have your will and testament in place!  But, Pharaoh had not learned a lick, in spite of the gruesome object lessons God provided for him.  Moses stepped forward with staff in hand and declared, "Do not fear!  Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord" (Exo. 14:13).  We know what the salvation of the Lord was that day.  "Not even one of them (Egyptians) remained".  (vs. 26).      

Sooooo, all ye that are heavy laden this morning keep in mind that Jesus promised, "I will never leave you or forsake you" but I may not respond the way you want Me to and I may not come until the "fourth watch of the night" and I may come in a way you least expect.


Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment