Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Is Your Wealth In God's Storehouse?


God’s power principle for today:  “If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love” (John 15:10).

Hey Gang:   The woman lived in poverty, much to the chagrin of her lawyer son who faithfully sent her a check each month to cover her every need.  Her son heard of her stunning poverty and called her on the phone: “Mother, I hear that you don’t have enough money to pay your bills.”  ‘That’s right” she said sadly.  “But how can that be?  Don’t you get my letters every month?”  “Yes, I get your letters”.  “Then what do you do with the money?”  “What money?  All you send is those pieces of paper with your name scrawled on the bottom.”  She lived in poverty even though she had thousands of dollars available to her.  All she had to do was cash the checks!

Before you are too hard on the woman, think about your situation.  God has given you promises to cover your every need, but they do you no good until you cash them.  The Bible is filled with promises from our Heavenly Father with checks addressed to each of us but they are of no value if you have not plugged your power cord into God’s power supply.

There is the story of "old man" for that was his identification.  Just plain "old man".  He lived in a ram- shackled cabin in one of the hollows in the mountains of Pennsylvania.  A young man, who happened to drive by his house regularly, always checked to see if there was smoke coming out of the chimney.  One day he noticed - there was no smoke.  Old man had passed away.  But who cared, he was just an old hermit who, like so many, passed from this earth without making even the slightest impact on his world.

But, as distant family went through his earthly possessions that were sparse, they found a very beat up Bible. In the Bible were pieces of paper with names and dates, Jane, 1934 let, Mark, 1935 back, Joyce 1940  brain surgery.  After much research they found that in each case money, that was not available to care for these needs, suddenly came from an unknown source. “ Old man” had chosen to live in poverty so that he could provide a "shirt tail to hang onto" for those who had needs.

I do not know if the story of "Old Man" is true, I suspect it is.  I can say this, it impacted on my life and made me more sensitive to the needs of people around me who are hurting.  I pray when I stand before my heavenly Father “He will say well done, true the faithful servant.”

Studying the promises of God can be like trying to drink out of a fire hydrant.  They are so powerful and so many of them that they may knock us off our feet.

Paul challenges our hearts with a tremendous promise that we can take to the bank: “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” and just six verses later he gives us this pearl of great price “My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”  (Phil 4:13,19)

Soooo, my young chicks, take Malachi’s advice: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts.  If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.” (Mal. 3:10)

Wait!! Don’t stop there, read the blessing that follows:, “Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; not will your  vine in the field cast its grapes,” says the Lord of hosts”. (v.11)


Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment