Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Do You Need A Hand his Morning?


 Is your back is against the wall?  “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.  For I am the Lord our God!” (Is. 43:2-3a). 

Hey Gang:  I love that story in Mark 8 where Jesus, having just arrived in Bethsaida, was confronted by the people bringing to Him a blind man.  Mark wrote, they "implored Him to touch Him"; an example of faith demonstrated.  Notice the first thing that Jesus did was "take him by the hand".     Is that not a wonderful attribute of our Lord?  He wants to touch us.

He then led the blind man out of the city and did something, that certainly would not be recommended in the Medical Journeys, "He spit in his eyes and laid hands on him." Jesus’ question, "Do you see anything?"   The former blind man looked up and replied, "I see men, for I see them like trees, walking around."  

I would suggest to you that, if a blind man came to us for healing and we touched him and he could see men walking like trees, we would rejoice in the miracle that had just occurred, but that is not good enough for Jesus - "Then again He laid His hands on his eyes; and he looked up intently and was restored, and began to see things clearly" (vs. 25). 
    
I find great hope in this story. There are many times when I have prayed to the Lord and received a partial answer or an answer that did not exactly fit my desire.  There are times when God needs to spoon feed us a bite at a time.  Perhaps the blind man was not entirely convinced that Jesus could heal his eyes and needed a second touch from the Lord to fill in that little pocket of doubt that still persisted.

Hey folks, let me make a confession to you this morning.  When God called us to pack it, in California and move to Michigan to develop a home for kids with behavior problem, to say I was ‘green as grass’ in what the road looked like ahead of us would be misleading.  I was more like an unopened package of seed!  

The two years between California and the opening day of the Eagle Village was a time of deep pain.  Being one of the ‘first stay at home dads’ was not my cup of tea.  But during those two years God was doing something to my heart, in preparation for the many times I would throw up my hands and say "I just do not have the tools to work with to do this task. I need a second touch from You Lord!”  

Soooo, Dudes and Ladies, If the Scripture of the morning does not get your heart to dancing, you had best check your pulse and see if your thumper is still thumping.   You will pass through the waters today, or tomorrow.  It is not a matter of if you will but when.  He, the Lord of the universe, will be with you.  When you walk through rivers or fire you will not be burnt, For I am the Lord our God, and I will never leave you or forsake you. (Isa 43:2-3)   And that my friends you can take to the bank! 

Refrain:  Hymn- God leads His Dear Children Along  by H . Lillenas
Some thro’ the water, some thro’ the flood, Some thro’ the fire, but all thro’ the blood;
Some thro’ great sorrow, but God gives a song, In the night season and all the day long.

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment