Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Prayer Is Warfare!

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it:  but I found none - (Eze. 22:30).

Hey Gang:  Wow, the rains have stopped and the sun was out bright and beautiful today!  So I got out my work cloths and enjoyed a day in the sun and it feels great to be tired.  I cut the part of the lawn that was   not under water which is always a joy for me, for I can sing praises to God at the top of my lungs and no one can hear me but God.

The past year has been a time of testing with some ‘slight afflictions' licking at my heels.  At eighty, one expects to see some slow down in their vim and vigor, but on some days it just plain ‘gets up and goes’.    A good friend once said the first thing she does in the morning is check the obits and, if her name is not there,  she gets out her vitamin case and takes on fuel for the day.

I spend a lot of time in the Book of James, during times of testing, just seeking assurance that there is a purpose for battling alligators on a very regular basis.  I have learned that when we are confronted with wilderness experiences, we have to make a decision in whom we will put our trust.  James gave us the key to victory when he said, "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance" (1:2-3).

He goes on and gives us the reason for staying the course, even in the midst of adversity, "Let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing" (vs. 3).  

Years ago, in my tenure of working with young folks who had made some bad decisions, God taught me a lesson that has been the foundation of my efforts to help these young folks.  It seemed I was to be willing to share the mistakes I have made in my lifetime and how God bailed me out from those mistakes.  I learned that hurting people crave to hear someone sit down with them as say "been there, done that"  but I serve a living Savior who collects those things from anyone willing to lay them at His feet and take them to the cross daily.

Our God is an awesome God! Isaiah 1:18 gives me the assurance that "Though my sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow, though they are crimson, they will be like wool, if you consent and obey."   Notice the "if". 

Soooo, young warriors, reread the Scripture today and note – “He sought for a man so stand in the gap but He found none".   Wow, is that not tragic.  Jesus said, "Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest" (John 4:35b).  What are your goals for today?  Do they include keeping your antenna's up, asking God to use you to come along side someone and say, "been there, done that" but there is a God who loves you, who is willing to take your burden to the cross. 


Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment