Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Do You Know Where Your Armor Is? Con't


Are we nearing that day when "All the world will know there is a God in Israel, and that all this assembly may know that the Lord does not deliver by sword or by spear; for the BATTLE IS THE LORD'S  and He will give you into our hands"? (I Sam. 17:47).

Hey Gang:  Did you read the last morning message?  Did you read it all?  Did you have your mind in gear when you read it?  Did you read it with the same intensity that was in my heart as I penned it?  And now for a very important question, "How did it make you feel?"  Did it send cold shivers up your spine or did you get excited?  If I could measure your reaction on a graduated meter, where would you be on the faith meter that  you know the" BATTLE IS THE LORD'S"  He will give victory into your hands". 

Jesus said, "Hey Gang listen up.  There are perilous times coming!” (Hainley rendition)   "Men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be  shaken" (Luke 21:26).  Hearts will fail them from fear over the expectation that the sky is falling.

Time for cold shivers, right?  Not in your sweet bippie!  Luke tell us, "Then we will see the son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory" (v.27).  Now grab hold of this next verse and tattoo it on the inside of your forehead, "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." (vs. 28).

The writer of Hebrews wrote these words of assurance to those who love the Lord God with all their heart, soul and mind and are totally sold out to His will and ways, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you," so that we can confidently say "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid" (Heb. 13:5c-6a).   Is your excitement meter beginning to rise?  Not sure yet?  Then sing a verse of two of ‘Jesus Loves Me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.”

Pages one through four in my prayer journal are dismal indeed, and with a tiny push I could enter that "hearts failing them for fear" gig, but I have learned that when I have all the pieces of the armor of God in place, Satan cannot tell me from Jesus.

I have also learned that I need an arsenal of weapons to use against the evil one.  If I feed my physical body only once in a while, my strength level, when the rubber-hits -the-road, will register 'zip".   I have learned when I do not pull up to the pump titled 'Spiritual Fuel – God’s Word' in the morning, I am opening the door for a tough day.

Soooo, page five in the journal begins with the verse listed above.  I re-enforce the promise that My God, Yeshua Ha Mashiah, will never leave me nor forsake me."  That "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me"(Phil 4:13).  That "My God will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:19).

I then go to page six and remind myself that I have an enemy who wants to destroy me and who roams the earth seeking whom he can devour.  And keep in mind, if at first he does not succeed he will indeed try and try again at a more opportune time.  We need to understand Paul's warning in Ephesians 6:12-13, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist the evil day, and having done everything to stand firm". 

I am a diabetic and, when out working, there are times when I need a slug of sugar to pick me up; there are times when pages one thorough four become a wee bit overwhelming and I need a spiritual shot in the arm.  I learned years ago that Satan hates spiritual songs.  The word tells me that at the name of Jesus, Satan must cut and run.  So I have three songs that are forever on my lips; they are the adrenalin needed to keep my soul fired up. The first – ‘Jesus Loves Me This I Know’, the second, ‘This Little Light of Mine I am Going to Let it Shine’, and the third, “Lord, Make Me a Sanctuary’.

Soooo, my young friends, I would suggest that anyone reading this epistle and is very likely dealing with a clinker or two in their lives, if not now, surely will be by the end of the day or week.  Clinkers are as much a part of life as breathing.  It is nice to have the assurance that "My God Will Supply…" in those times when it seems our sky is falling.  Sooo, make sure you pull up to the "Spiritual Pump", 'Anti- Satan fuel' which is the Word of God and fill your tanks. 

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment