Friday, January 2, 2015

Time to Reciprocate!


A message for the moment:  "Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also the heaven."  This expression, "Yet once more," denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.  Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire"  (Hebrews 12:25-29).

Hey Gang:  I have wrestled with a problem that has been bugging me since I began putting Gramps Morning Messages on  the web.  Those who know me, know that I have a great interest in not only what is happening in our world today, but what is going to happen in the near future.  One does not have to be a rocket scientist, when they see my office that is filled with books, magazines, maps, DVD"s, the menu on my computer, and other things on my desk, to know that I am a rather serious studier of prophecy.

The reason is very simple- because Jesus said, "I do not want you to be unaware of what is coming down and how near we are to that time when  Father God says to Jesus, Son, "time to go for it."  And, if Jesus said, "I want you to be up to speed in what is coming down,” that is good enough for me.

Now for the problem.   In our sojourn we have been privileged to do some teaching on prophecy and have learned that there are, as in every subject area, some who are avid students of the prophetic word and are in a constant attitude of seeking;   but we have also run into the "I want nothing to do with prophecy - it scares the tar out of me” crowd. 

In a recent conversation with a pastor, he informed me he does not even look at the evening news.  He also informed me he had no interest in teaching prophecy to his church because of his lack of knowledge and his fear that it would offend some of his members, and they would cut and run.  Now I wonder about that.  The Bible is considered to be one-third prophecy and holds the keys to the final chapter of what is in our future.     It seems to me he is cheating his parishioners out of a significant portion of the Bible.

Getting back to the problem,  as I mentioned I have studied prophesy for many years, have done some teaching on the subject and have shared some of my opinions with friends and neighbors but have shied away from including prophecy in the Morning Messages.  Why, because of my concern that I might present something to someone who avails themselves of the morning messages, but does not have foundation to receive the message, and they cut and run while still needing encouragement.
 
Soooo, after some prodding from some of you, I have need to hear from the rest of you.  My options are to continue on the same format and restrict my messages to two thirds of the Bible, or I can begin to include "Hey, what's happening, man?  in the regular rotation and pray it is clear enough that it does not confuse anyone.  What say you?    A simple "go for it" or "don't go for it' would be appreciated.   

Blessing to you this New Year.   (For you on the blog. my gmail: spinakker12@gmail.com).


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment