Friday, April 17, 2015

God You Are So Neat!


"Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the days from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for light in the expanse of the heaven to give light on the earth; and it was so.....God saw that is was good" (Gen. 1:14-15).

Hey Gang:  I sometimes think I am a wee bit strange.  No, make that a lot of times I think I am strange, and each day, as the world continues to do weird things, I feel even more strange.  You see, I am a literalist when it comes to God's word.  I believe every word in it and believe God has been very zealous in protecting His word.  You see, I believe our world is becoming devoid of excitement.  I certainly cannot find any in the glitz of the world, nor in the every- day activities of the world.  One might think they can find it in the church but, if it is there, I am missing the boat.

This morning I reread Genesis one and once again asked God to forgive his creation for making such a mess of it.   But as I read it again I got kind of a different thought.  As I read the first twenty-four verses, I had a strong image of God's might and power.   "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."  Wow, is that not awesome?  Now, I know that are ‘big bang theories’ and a dozen or so others, but I believe one day God took nothing and made the heavens and earth.

Now why do I believe that? Because everything else that follows in God's Word has come true; therefore, I believe that is how it came together is also true.  Can you get a picture of God, Almighty, All-powerful taking the waters in His hands and forming them into oceans, seas and lakes and ponds and even mud puddles?  I believe it was one of the happiest days of His creative genius.  A star here, a moon over there, the sun right there, all in perfection!

And then one of the greatest miracles of all?  Sound and color!    Wow, would this not be a boring place, if there was no color and no music?   Would it not be boring if there was not four seasons to enjoy?  Oh, I realize there are those who would rather not have the cold winter but that is part of the life cycle that makes his perfection tick.

I believe He had a ball as he formed the thousands of species of fish, birds, and insects.  I wonder why he made wasps and mosquitoes.  I would ask Him when I meet Him face to face, but I suspect I will be in such awe, I will be speechless.  When He made the great fish, did He say, "This one is for Jonah?"  And, when He created Balaam's donkey, did He put a voice in him to be used in that special time when Balaam was on his way to curse the Children of Israel?

I wonder if one of His favorite days was the day He created the animals of the world?  Do you think He might have leaned back and laughed from deep in his soul when He saw the camel, and the ant eater, or the Tasmanian Devil, for the first time?  There is the question that has been bantered around forever, “Will there be animals in heaven?”  To those skeptics I say - shame, how could God not have His unique menagerie of perfect creatures in the New Jerusalem?  The Word does say the lion with lie down with the lamb, doesn't it?

Well, I would like to go on.  I so enjoy the creation story. Why?  Because I believe it is picture of what we will see when we are called home to be with Father God in glory.    It will be perfect in every way - because that is the only way God is capable of creating.

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment