Friday, April 10, 2015

Not My Will!!


"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and cable to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Heb. 4:12). 

Hey Gang:  I want to share a warning with you this morning.  A warning that I have had to guard against all my Christian life, 'Repetition leads to apathy'.  God challenged my heart several years ago to make sure I was passing my Christian legacy down to the ‘bone of my bone’ family.  Many take great pains to pass their material wealth on to their children but fail to share what God has done in their lives and with their loved ones.

Gramps Morning Thoughts grew out of that challenge.  The first messages were sent to my family and a few adopted family members, but through the years the number grew.  My prayer has been that they not become a repetitious exercise that had no lasting meaning to the reader, and that God would put His thoughts into my head.  I have also prayed daily that when they no longer challenge the hearts of the readers He would alert me that it was time to shut them down. I confess there have been several times when I felt God was saying just that.  

But each time I set a number, which was not really my place to do, there would be a splurge in the number of readers.  Now I want to share what I believe is an emphatic miracle from God --  perhaps even a reprimand!  Because there were very low numbers for a period of time, I decided that, if the number of hits on the blog stayed at these digits for period of time, I would put ‘Gramps’ to bed, (not my place to do so – and the numbers do not count those on email).

Then something phenomenal happened!  Within a day or two, there were 502 hits on the blog and a week later 576!   But the following days, after these humongous numbers, the hits reduced to single digits again.   

I prayed that God would show me clearly when it was time to stop the blogs because repetition had set in and they had lost their purpose.  I can think of no reason why suddenly, when I was seriously considering stopping the morning messages, these humongous numbers  appeared  -except God was sending me a message to get my eyes off the numbers.

Now for confession time:  I had let numbers be the control factor in whether the morning messages had become repetitious and lost their meaning.  I also confess that when I tended to get on a pity party because the numbers were low, He would lay it on the heart of one of the readers to send a special message of encouragement.  But what really touched my heart was Luke 15 where we find the story of the one lost sheep, the lost coin and the prodigal son.  

It would be wonderful to know if one lost soul was found through the morning messages but that is not for me to know.  You see l am merely a seed planter, the harvesting is in the hands of Abba Father.    I have learned that there are times when we need a poke from Father God to” spur us into action” (Hebrews 10:24 –Ryan’s verse) and leave the driving up to Him.  We need to learn the "Trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding." (Pro. 3:5). 
   
Soooo, friends and neighbors, our world is spinning out of control so very rapidly but, in the midst of the tragic events that are part of the daily news, God is doing a might work in preparation for His coming.  We need to be up to speed on what those miraculous things are.  We will try to keep you advised of some of these major happenings
.
Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment