Friday, April 24, 2015

God's Tool Box


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such things there is not law.  Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  (Notice the next word is one of those tiny trigger words 'IF'.  These are part of God's fringe package for His kids: "if" live by the Spirit and walk by the Spirit” (Gal. 5:22-23/5).

Hey Gang:  This morning I stuck the front of the tractor in ten inches of pure mud.  Yak, what a mess.  So, I decided to wait until Summer and it dried up and then I will call a wrecker to come an pull me out!  So I made my first change in direction for the day and decided I would cut some wood.  After twenty pulls on the starter cable, my arms declared a second change of venue was needed.    So I decided to take the truck to the car wash and give it a bath - you got it, the battery, after sitting for several months, did not have enough power to turn the diesel engine over.  Strike three and you’re out, right? 

It was a day of learning, I learned that I had more discipline and patience, than I did years ago.  I did not throw the chain saw down the steps, I did not kick the tractor and I did not have cruel words for my truck.  AS a matter of fact I retired to my office and spent some time working on the new blogs that will begin this week. 

I have learned in my more mature years that Paul's formula, found in I Thessalonians 5, does not cause acid in your gut and depression in your mind and soul.  When he was released from prison after being beaten half to death, he rejoiced.  In Colossians 1:24 he said, "Now, I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ afflictions."   We find his motivation for “rejoicing always and I say again rejoice,” (Philippians 4:4) where he wrote, "and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him" (Romans 8:17.)

I especially like James’ attitude when it comes to trials and tribulations - I think if I had a choice I would be like James.  Not that I would not like to be like Jesus first, Paul and Peter and the others, but I believe I kind of think like James.  His comments related to growth through tribulation makes sense to me.   When I hit a clinker in my life that leads to battles with alligators, I tend to shy clear of those clinkers in the future.

I wish I could say always, but that would say I am perfect and anyone who knows me know that that ain't so!  I believe all would agree our world is being shaken and, if you have not equipped your armor with God's power through His Word, you are going to be in big trouble.  Paul says, "Rejoice always", keep our head in the right mode, "pray without ceasing", gives us power and strength," in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for You in Christ Jesus" He is our refuge and strength.” (I Thess 5:16-18.)
   
Soooo, my friends and neighbors, Paul goes on and gives us the same warning that Jesus gave us in the Olivet Discourse, "be not deceived".   He phrased it a little different, "…examine everything carefully; and hold fast to that which if good; abstain from evil" (2 Thess. 16-22).   My prayer for each of you, "May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (vs. 24).  Amen!

If you want to joint the prophecy blog: www.grampswhatshappeningman.blogspot.com
Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment