Tuesday, May 26, 2015

In Perilous Times We Especially Need God's Power


God’s Power Principle for Today, “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Is. 41:10). 

Hey Gang:  It is 6:03 am and I have already made ten or twelve decisions.  I decided to get out of bed, fix the fire, put the coffee on, check the weather, turn on the computer, prepare the morning message for today, spend time with the Lord and in the Word, etc. etc.  I am now making decisions on what I will do with the rest of the day – stack wood, shovel snow, finish toys, clean garage, start tractor, ashes out, wood in, feed birds, etc, etc, etc. 

Will I complete all of these chores?  Probably, because I am a task-oriented chap who does not rest until my list is complete.  But if I had to choose one project from my list of chores for the day, there is no question, I would choose “spend time with the Lord and in the Word”, for all the others are mundane in nature and only time with the Lord and in the Word has eternal significance and equips me for the battles of the day.

In our work with Voice of Martyrs we are in constant touch with stories of people who live their lives in harm’s way. Many are imprisoned, beaten and even killed for their faith In Yeshua as Lord.  In all of their testimonies they echo the same words of Paul and the other disciples who voiced joy in being worthy to lay down their lives for the Lord.

I often find myself asking the question, “If someone aimed a gun at my head and said “Give it up or die”, would I stand firm in my commitment to the Lord?  I think most people who are locked into God's power supply would answer "Yes", but I confess, until that day finally comes, I am not really sure.  I do know I would have less problems placing my life on the line for my Lord than having to make a decision for my bride, or child or grand children or great grands.

I believe in God's principle: put on the armor of God.  As long as we keep all the armor in place -our head covered with the "Helmet of Salvation, the sword of the Spirit in hand, which is the word of God, with prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, and be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints" (Eph. 6:17-18).

It is when we keep the armor spit polished and in place that we will be "Strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light" (Col. 1:10-11).

Soooo, good buddies, I believe we would all agree that these are very perilous times when Satan has turned up the heat and released his minions to do as much damage as possible for he knows his days are very short.  But "For the word of the God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword" (Heb. 4:12).

Blessings,

Gramps






No comments:

Post a Comment