Friday, May 22, 2015

What An Awesome Blessings - Part 4


"In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south" (Zechariah 14:4).

Hey Gang:  It has been my joy to open up the memory banks and re-live some of those neat experiences that I was able to enjoy in the land of the "apple of God's eye".    When asked what impacted on me the most?  My response, “It changed the Scriptures”.  Now when I read of Jesus teaching and feeding the five thousand, I have a bright and shiny picture of the place and see the thousands of people sitting on the hillside, while Jesus opened His heart to them - not only in spiritual food but in the miracle of the loaves and fishes.

When I was in training to become an air traffic controller, I had an old salt teacher that had been on the firing line for more than twenty years.  He was a seasoned pro that had literally grown up with the development of the air traffic control systems.  As I was nearing check out day he said to me, “One of these days you will not see these strips on the board that identify all you need to know about the aircraft, you will see the aircraft flying around in perfect sequence in your head.”  I was not sure what he meant when he said it.  A month or so later I was up to my armpits with traffic when his prediction came true - I actually saw the aircraft in my mind. 

As I walked the land of Israel on my more than ten trips, I found that same principle to be true.  When I stood in Gordon's Calvary and looked into the tomb where many feel Jesus’ body was placed, it suddenly became bigger than life.  And when we stood on the Mount of Olives, wow, what a fiery sensation went through my heart and soul.

Looking down across the Kidron Valley with the valley of Gehenna to my right and Gethsemane on the left and straight ahead thousands of tomb stones of people that want to be resurrected first and enter the Gate Beautiful (the Eastern Gate) with Him, is a sight to behold.  If you are born again and a child of His, this takes your breath away.  It is there that the stones will be removed and He will enter the gate and take back what has always been rightfully His.

  Are there controversies as to what is the right place or the right time?  Remember the rating system of the guides –“Yes, it might have happened that way, or perhaps it did happen that way or no, it could not have happened that way.”

But you see, it really did not matter what the guide, said for my guide on those trips was that voice inside that said, "Listen to my voice not the voice of a guide who does not even know me as Lord".  Read that sentence again - It does not matter what the person across from you is trying to get you to believe, it is only what God said through His Son and through His Word that will determine if your name is written in His Book of Life and you will receive an invitation to the marriage feast of the Lamb.

People ask, “Are you not scared to death to go over to that place where killing is common?”  After I remind them that forty people were killed in Chicago last week, I tell them, "Yes, I do have apprehension going over (and I emphasize going over) for when you step on the tarmac at Ben Gurion Airport there is a peace that surpasses all understanding that fills your heart of soul - but we do have to go through Chicago or New York to get there!  Besides what better place to launched into the heavenlies than from Mount Zion, or the Mount of Olives or any place else in Israel.

I pray you enjoyed your trip through the Holy Land and you will recall some of these experiences when you come across them in your study of God's Word.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment