Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Have You Ever Been Frustrated? I Mean Really Frustrated?

"Now the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus" (Rom. 15:15).

Hey Gang:   I have learned, in the past  month (April-May) that when I  have filled out my daily plan and then something happens that prevents me from completing page one so as to get to page two, it can lead to anxiety and then to depression.  Let me explain!

When the snows were knee deep in the yard I was satisfied to do the mundane things to fill the day, knowing that when the snow was gone I would need to spend a week or two to get the yard cleaned up and ready for a new crop of grass.

So, I patiently waited for the temperature to go up and the ground to dry. That was a couple months ago and I am still (May-June) not so patiently waiting for the water to sink in to the land or evaporate.  Now I wish I could tell you I have used utmost patience, while waiting for nature to takes its course, but that would be an untruth.    

You see, I have a new neighbor, an Air Force brother, who decided to harvest some of the more mature trees on his property.   He thought there might be as many as twenty-five or thirty; in reality, it turned out there was closer to seventy to eighty!   

Since this was an especially cold winter, I had used every stick of wood I had cut last year to keep the house warm and wondered where I would find the eleven cord or more that I would need for next winter.  Well, God knew the problem and, through some mutual cooperation, we made a land sale that benefited both of us.  In the midst of the swap, He learned I have a wood furnace and do a lot of black- pot cooking and offered the tops of the trees to me.

Wow, awesome.  But have you ever considered how much cutting, hauling, splitting and stacking is required to remove the tops from more than eighty trees?  As I look out my office window, while writing this, I see tree tops lying all over the property- but there is a problem - the ground is soggy wet, I am having problems with my tractor and the weather man has been less than cooperative.

Now, add to that, I am an extremely task-oriented person and not to finish what I have scheduled, in my daily planner, is almost beyond my endurance.  My wife has learned, in our 57 years of marriage, that she must warn me that dinner is nearly ready- so that I can complete the task I am working on;  to quit in the middle of an assignment is like agony and pain.

Soooo, getting back to the subject at hand, it rained again yesterday, which supplied all the puddles and car tracks with water once again. So, I took a deep breath and put the chain saw away for another day or week, depending on how soon the sun and wind dries the ground.  But I close this with a wee bit of good news, I repeated to myself and old Dutch adage: "If there ain't no tomorrow it won't matter no how".  I will keep you advised, if I meant what I said.  I will admit I have been doing a lot of research on patience lately.


Blessings,  

Gramps  
PS July 11 Check out the woodpile!  God is faithful.  We also need to be diligent! This is only a dent in what there is to do - but enough for this winter.  Have enough work for reat of summer, next year and burning brush in winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment