Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I Will Rebuke The Devourer For You?


"Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes," says the Lord of hosts." (Mal. 3:11).

Hey Gang:  Before we move on we need to take a peek at Malachi 3:10. In a previous morning message,  God challenged us to “bring it all into his storehouse and test Me now in this that I will supply all your needs.  But, notice in verse eleven He gives us the fabulous news that there is a fringe benefit attached to that promise - He will rebuke the devourer for us.   Is that not a fabulous promise?  
 
There are two other fabulous verses in Malachi in the fourth chapter.  First a promise to those whose name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life,: "But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from this stall" (Mal.4:2).   We recently had a young lady that lost her battle with cancer; when I heard that she had won her reward and was with the Lord, I visualized her skipping like a calve that had been turned loose from the bondage of its stall for the first time. 

Well, so much for the introduction and time to address the meat of this epistle.   About a year ago the Lord laid a burden on my heart that has only grown with concern and intensity since it first came into my mind and heart.   I believe we are in a day similar to the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah; a time when our nation has turned its back on God's chosen land, Israel.

 We are told by Jesus when all these things happen look up for your redemption draws near.  As we see "…everything that can be shaken being shaken so that only those things that cannot be shaken will remain"(Heb. 26b-29), one has to be totally blind and dumb not to see the "hand writing on the wall" is becoming more clear each day.

Nothing could be clearer than to read the blessing and the warning given in God's words to Abraham in the form of a covenant.  We need to get it clearly in our minds this Covenant is an irrevocable agreement with God:  "Now the Lord said to Abram, "Go forth from your country and your relatives and from your father's house, to the land which I will show you; And I will make you a great nation and I will bless you and make your name great.  And so you shall be a blessing; and I will bless those who bless you and the one who curses you I will curse.  And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed" (Gen. 12:1-6).

I believe our nation has been blessed because we have blessed Israel.  But today we have two dark clouds that have begun to gather, the one the ravenous beast referred to as terrorist, and the second our President’s refusal to bless Israel.    

We could spend the next several days looking at this subject but that is not the intent of this epistle, but before moving on we need to examine one verse in Joel that should send concerns up our spines.  In Joel 3:2 we read "I, "God" will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there.  On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; AND THEY HAVE DIVIDED MY LAND".

Blessings, 

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment