Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Poof! Gone! The Question is to Where? Choices!!!


“And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away” (Rev. 21:4).

“Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things, but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony” (Luke 16:25).  

Hey Gang, As I mentioned in my previous Gramps Morning Message, since entering the’ older than dirt age’, I have become more interested in what awaits me in the coming change of venue.  I also mentioned that I have accumulated seven books on heaven in my library, one written by Anne Graham Lotz and endorsed by her daddy, Billy Graham. In it she compiled a comprehensive contrast between heaven and hell.   

I do not know about you, but when I am approaching a change of address I tend to want to learn as much about the place where I am going before moving.  In essence I am not one who likes to take the ‘cold turkey’ route.  As I read the following listing of contrasts, I felt it was important that you also have access to her research.  As you will see the contrast is wonderfully great and horribly depressing.  Can you see the danger of not availing yourself to the truth of the Word of God?  

Jesus, through John’s writings, laid it out so that all could understand but it does take determination and commitment to know what God has prepared for us when our tenure is completed here on earth.  I would recommend that you get your Bible out, take one contrast point at a time, and read the recommended scriptures.

Heaven is a home where there is no more suffering or death or mourning or crying or pain.  (Rev. 21:4); Hell is a hole where there is great suffering and weeping and gnashing of teeth.  (Matt. 13:50)

Heaven is a home where there is absolute safety and eternal security with the high, thick walls. (Rev. 21:12, 17); Hell is a hole that is described as the Abyss, or a bottomless pit. (Rev. 20:3).  Those who fall into it will have the sensation of never being secure, of always being in danger.

Heaven is a home that is stable, unshakable, and unmovable with twelve foundations. (Rev. 21:14);  Hell is a hole that undulates and changes like the unstable surface of a lake. (Rev. 20:10)

Heaven is a home in which there is no more night or darkness. (Rev. 21:15);  Hell is a hole of total darkness where the sun never rises and the light never comes. (Matt. 25:30).  (Have you heard people say they want to go to hell so they can be with their friends?  Well, their friends may be there, but they will never see them because it’s totally dark)

Heaven is a home where the kings of the nations of the earth bring their glory and where God’s children gather to worship Him forever and ever.  (Rev. 21:24).  Hell is a hole whose inhabitants live in eternal solitary confinement with nothing to distract them from their own misery, greed, selfishness, anger, hate, pride, cruelty, and godlessness.  The following verses indicate that there will be people cast into hell together.  However, the physical darkness and torment are so all-consuming and individualized, it will be as though each one is isolate in his or her own agony.   (Luke 13:28; 16:19-31; Rev. 20:10, 15).

Heaven is a hole where the River of Life flows continuously, bringing fruit for the healing of the nations.  (Rev. 22:1-2);  Hell is a hole filled with fire creating unending thirst, torment, and burning dissatisfaction. (Rev. 20:15)

Heaven is a home where we will serve God and see His face.  (Rev. 22:4);  Hell is a hole that will be totally devoid of God’s presence.  Those who exist there will know they were created for God, yet will be separated from Him forever.  (Matt. 7:23)

When you lay out the pieces, side by side, the picture becomes very clear.  For me personally, I praise God that I learned about God’s love for me and His willingness to send His Son, Jesus, to walk in my shoes and go to a hideous cross to set me free from the bondage of my sins” (John 3:16).  I can shout from the mountain top, praise God I am secure in the hands of My Savior and Lord. 

I recently heard a man declare he knew about Jesus and one day when he got older than dirt he, too, would make a decision to follow Jesus as Lord of his life.  Thirty-one years ago a policemen showed up at my door and announced to me that my son, who would graduate college in a month, was, that very day,  killed in an accident.  My friends, if you are not secure in Jesus’ hands right now, the Word says don’t creep, don’t jog but flat out run “and work out your salvation with fear and trembling” (Phil 2:10).

I look forward to seeing each and every one of you at the Marriage Feast of the Lamb. (Rev 19:7 -9)

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment