Monday, April 25, 2016

A Return To An Old But Super Important Theme Part 3


“Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.  Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart”.  (2 Cor. 9:6-7a)  “For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return” (Luke 6:38c).

Hey Gang:  Wait, stop, read the Scriptures again.  One more time.  Did they penetrate or just slide off like a greased pig on a slippery slope?  I confess that when I am going to get into the Word, if I do not take a few moments to connect my power supply to God’s power supply, I become like that greased pig.  Think about that for a moment, when was the last time you got off by yourself, alone with God in your private prayer closet and put your mind, heart and soul into the hands of the One who stills the waters?

Well, I could go on down this road a piece but that is not where God seems to be taking me this morning.  We recently retreated from snow and ice-ville and sought out the sun and warmth of Florida.   Our intent was two-fold – thawing out and visiting with some dear folks that we have had the privilege of working with in an organization called SOWER’s, which stands for Servants on Wheels Ever Ready.

The ministry of the SOWER’s was as it says, to be Servants where ever we were needed.  We built buildings; we repaired buildings; we ministered to people who were unable to care for themselves.  The denominators that united us into one accord included:  all were Christians, most older than dirt all had a love for the Lord and did not know what the word “retirement” really meant; and the third very important criteria that united our hearts and efforts- the teaching of Yeshua and the writers of the Scriptures that God’s children are to be Seed Planters wherever they go, as long as they are drawing breath.

There has always been a controversy in the church as to whether one can be saved by works alone. The “cant’s” set in their ways and the “Yeas” are equally sure their way is right.    Again a subject that I do not want to deal with this morning, only to say that Malachi makes it pretty clear in 3:10-11.  James, also one of my favorite Books, says “But someone will say, ”You have faith and I have works.  Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works”  (James 2:18.)

In my many years of rubbing elbows with folks who are willing to give of their time and talent rather than joining the shuffle board crowd, I have yet to find one that did not have a love for the Lord.
In past morning messages I have included bits and pieces of the Seed Planter Principles that I have shared with many.  I will do my very best to remain on task and not go down to many rabbit tracks, but make no guarantees.   Mentioned in an earlier ‘morningthoughts, the Seed Planting Principles begin with a
n irrevocable law of God that works every time: “You are going to reap what you sow”  (Gal 6:7). 
Teaching this principle to the young folks, that found their way to our door, was a piece of cake because they were reaping the fruits of bad seed planting programs in their lives and in the lives of their families.  A counselor friend, that I have been privileged to work with in ministry said he always conducted his last session with the kids sitting on tombstones in the cemetery.  He said, At that place he always had the total interest of the kids. 

If you have a problem accepting this principle as God’s irrevocable law, take a trip down through skid row or to the local jail or prison or to the hospitals that are filled with the fruits of bad seed planting.  And, at the conclusion of your trip, take heed to this promise: “For the eyes of Lord moves to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.  (2 Chron. 16:9).  Also keep in mind Peter’s warning, “Be of sober spirit, be on the alert.  Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. (1 Pet. 5:8)

And now by friends and neighbors, tune in to the next Morning Message and get the rest of the truths to being an effective Seed Planter.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment