Friday, April 1, 2016

God IS Still Working in Hearts!

Hey Gang:  “The weather outside is frightful”.  Seems to me I heard that someplace before.  I have just competed going through the seven weather forecasters prognostications on the computer and the news, all are in agreement – it is going to be ‘frightful’.    So, I will go to the shed and lay in some gasoline, just in case the power lines decide they cannot handle the snow, ice and wind and end up on the ground.  Laid wood in a while ago and the freezer is full of goodies, so as someone once said “let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!  Wow, it sure is pretty! 

I have taken to watching the news on Monday morning between the hours of eight and eight thirty and then turn on music.  I have learned that unless there is something really significant that happens, the news will be basically the same as last week and my blood pressure tends to give me grief when I allow much of what is happening and what is not happened to fill my brain.

But today I made an exception.  It was my ‘tinker day’ when I do the things on the ‘Honey Do’ List, so spent a good portion of the day in Gramps Toy Repair shop.  So I flipped the switch to the four sided monster.  I can handle it when I am running power tools, vacuums and the things that make noise and block out the noise coming from the mouth on the wall.

Today was especially harsh and degrading to most civilized folks.  I have asked the Lord for guidance on many occasions, what could fill a nation of people with such hatred that they feel their only recourse to having eternal life is to kill, kill and then kill some more?  It is kind of hard to find out why, when the ultimate to killing is to be killed.  Makes it tough to try and learn why they are so angry when all you have, when the dastardly deed is done, is a basket of body parts.  But this has been programed into many minds at  a very early age.

The media also gave about equal time to those folks who want to be the President of this here United States.  Now, I must admit that I do not understand these folks at all.  One would think that if they are interested in being the head honcho in the Oval Office that they would spend their time trying to convince folks that they have solutions to the many problems facing our nation.

It saddens my heart to see the mega millions being spent for so called grown people, thought to have a degree of intelligence, spend their air time trying to convince the voters of the nation how rotten and misguided their opposition is.  The mudslinging turned especially ugly today- when the mud turned to bricks.  

Well, that is enough mudslinging on my part.  What I really want to share with you is that there are good things happening in our world but, as the media tells us, ‘good news do not sell papers.’  I received a wonderful letter from the folks who develop and distribute the Jesus Film.  I have heard good things about the impact this film is making in the Muslim world before, but this one really touched the cockles of my heart.

 It is a bit lengthy so will not copy it verbatim but want you to see why God does not say ‘enough is enough’ and send His warring angels to put Satan in the pit and cleanse the earth – yet!  He did say, “It is my deep desire that no one, not a single soul should perish.”  He is waiting for that last soul that He knows is the last one who will turn their life over to Him.

Now, this is a bit lengthy and there may be some out there that are not interested in Muslim woman coming to Christ, so we decided we would alert you that we are not putting the letter on Gramps Morning Thoughts, but putting the letter on grampswhatshappeningman.blogspot.com.   You can decide to read or not to read!   

Blessings,    

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment