Friday, April 8, 2016

Is God About to Resurrect Elijah?



Elijah came near to the people and said, ‘How Long will you hesitate between two opinions?  If the Lord is God, follow Him, but if Baal, follow him’”.  (II Kings 18:20)

Hey Gang:  Did you happen to catch that Satan and his minions are planning on erecting a model temple to honor their god Baal in New York and London?  I heard this issue being discussed by two very unaware people who had just enough knowledge to be very dangerous.  One said to the other, “Do you think they will start children sacrifices to Moloch?”  To which the other responded, “They have been doing that for years.  They are just building a monument to acknowledge their sadistic ways.   Now they will have a god that they can bow down to when they visit the local abortion clinic.”

When I read this harrowing article two Scriptures came to mind:  The first in Second Kings where Ezekiel came in direct conflict with Ahab, a very evil king of Israel.  After reading the account of Ahab, I have come to the conclusion that there was only one who was more wicked at that time, Jezebel, his wife. 

 If asked, I would have a hard time choosing a ruling leader and spouse that could equal them in cruelty and rebellion against God, for there are a whole barn full of them today, including a couple in our own nation. 

Charles Dickens would say, “It was the worst of times”.   But then again he did not live in this age when everything that can be shaken is being shaken.  The King and his sadistic wife had steered the nation of Israel down a road leading away from the Lord and then stepped on the accelerator – and woe to anyone who caused a traffic jam!   Now, I ask you, does that sound familiar? 

As I read the account of her life, that ended very abruptly, when she fell or was pushed from a window,  broke her neck and was consumed by dogs,  everything about this woman dripped with iniquity and emanated evil. 

Understand. they worshiped a molten image, made from a piece of metal.   It has always amazed me that a so-called carver of images would go out to the forest, find just the right piece of wood and then carve it into an image (usually a very hideous looking image) and the remainder of the limb from which it was carved would be thrown into the fire for heat and warmth. 

Now, I often wonder how a sane person -I mean one that is endowed with a brain- could take a piece of wood or metal, set it on the mantel and pay homage and even worship it.   But, do we not do the same?  Perhaps not objects of wood, metal and even precious metals, but when we choose to honor or respect a person (star) or things (job, leisure, home, etc) above our respect for Abba Father, does that not qualify as an idol?

I once invited a young man to come along to church with me. He responded, “No, I don’t want to give up my Sundays.”  I tuned into the final college basketball game of the season last night and the announcer made this comment: “Harry, there are thousands of people in the upper balconies that cannot even see the floor; they have to use binoculars to see the players.”  Some drove for days, spent mega bucks on airline tickets, motels and all the trimmings of the celebration.  Millions of dollars wasted on wagers. 

A recent article that came across my computer announced that the billion-dollar plateau had been broken in our attempt to choose the right person to sit in the Oval Office for the next four years.
The second verse that popped up in my mind when I read the article pertaining the building of a temple to Baal is found in one of my favorite books, Malachi.  It reads like this, “Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord”. (4:5).   

I wonder if God is not saying, “One day the silly, rather stupid people of earth will once again resurrect Baal and will need the great prophet Elijah, the slayer of Baal to say, “if Baal is god, worship him but if he is not and you choose to worship him….!   Be prepared to give an account as to why you choose to reject the Way, the Truth and the Life, the only way to the Father.”

Moses asked the Lord, “Who shall I say sent me?” God’s response at the burning bush, “Tell them I AM sent you.”  My friends, how would you answer that question, today?

Blessings,
Gramps

P.S.  My young friends I want to say so much more on this subject, but that would be preaching and that is not the intent of these morning messages.  My prayer for you this day- and every day- is that you awake each morning with a hunger and thirst in your heart and soul to be filled with His Spirit and Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment