Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Did You Know That God Likes You, Too?


“But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 8:37-39).

Hey Gang:  After completing the Gramps Morning Message, “Hey, What Do You Think You Are Worth? My mind seemed to center on the faith chapter (Hebrews 11), known to many as “God’s Hall of Fame”. Notice there is a common denominator among all who are included- the writer begins and ends the chapter by commending those mentioned. 

But I want you to notice that the people mentioned were normal people, just like you and me, and what was true about them is also true about us.  Does that not fill your heart with the hope that you, too, can one day qualify for God’s Hall of Fame?  (If you have some question of who can qualify, turn back to the last blog).  

They had doubts and fears and, I suspect, there were times when they were discouraged.  Surely Elijah was discouraged after receiving threats that Jezebel was going to do him in no matter what the cost.

Gideon was a mighty man of valor who was commissioned by God to take an army out and beat the tar out of the Midianites.   Do you know what Gideon was doing when the angel appeared on his doorstep, he was threshing wheat in a cave because he was fearful that those same Midianites would come and abscond with his food supply.

 And Gideon said “You want me to do what?” just like you or I would have said.  “I mean I am from the smallest tribe, the smallest clan within the tribe and am the smallest of the clan.”  He had doubts just like you or I would have had.

He was not alone.  Moses, the greatest leader of all time who led a million or more grumbling, complaining people for forty years in the wilderness also had doubts, when given his marching orders.  God said, “I want to you go and bring my people out of bondage in Egypt.” His response, “I don’t talk so good.”  He had a long talk with God.  You remember the story, but the point is, he had doubts, fears just as you or I would have had. 

When the Lord told Sarah that she was going to have a bambino, Sarah laughed – perhaps hysterically- for Abraham was one hundred and she was ninety, a wee bit over the normal child bearing age.   Isaac lied to the king, Jacob was a deceiver, and David an adulterer and murderer and Solomon was an idolater.
 
They all had doubts and fears just like you and me.  I believe when God gave the writer of Hebrews this chapter His intention was to send a message to every believer that we have within us the tools to be great in His kingdom but, be advised there will be times when we have doubts and fears just like those mentioned in the Hall of Fame chapter. 
Common denominator number one: they were normal people, just like you and me.  Say that with me, “I am normal even when I have doubts and fears!”  Common denominator number two: “God liked them”.  Say that with me, God liked them and He likes me!  God liked David in spite of his transgressions for David was a man after God’s own heart”. 

Are you a person after God’s own heart?   The third common denominator about these folks: God was for them.  We know the verse “if God is for us who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31). But do we not turn that around when the alligators are snapping at our heels?  When we read the faith chapter we see that God was for them.  Say that with me “God is for me!”

Your picture is on God’s refrigerator door and on His cell phone.  He is for you and it really does not matter who is against you.  God likes normal people and is not looking for super heroes.

The fourth common denominator: God uses normal people and often normal people who have gone through the wilderness. Remember, immediately after feeding the 5000 Jesus sent His disciples on a hair-raising boat trip across the Sea of Galilee.  Why?  Verse 33 tells me “And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “You are certainly God’s Son!”
.
Finally, God has a desire to use you.  You may think you have nothing to offer, but you are normal just like those listed in the Hall of Fame that were used mightily by God to fulfill His purposes. 
  
  One last time – say it with me, I am normal, God likes me, God is for me and God can use me!  

One last requirement, you must have faith!  The Hall of Fame chapter is also called “the Faith Chapter”.  Faith is the anchor to our walk with the Lord.  “Without faith it is impossible to please the Lord” (Hebrews 11:6).

PS
Hey Gang:  Each week I receive four reports from prophecy guru’s that alert those who are interested in  keeping up-to-date on “what’s happening man” relative to things today.   One writer said, “Thing are happening so fast I cannot begin to cover just the things that have surfaced in the past thirty days.”  I would in no way say that I, Gramps, am a prophecy guru, but do try and remain on alert status.


I have argued with myself as to whether I should send out a “What’s Happening Man blog”  and list some of the things that are happening. But, I have been amazed of the number of people who are not interested in what is happening in our world related to prophecy.  So I made a command decision: I would run a test and float a message from Gramps on what’s happening .an and put it on the What’s Happening Man blog at grampswhatshappeningman.blogspot.com, Sat. Sept 3, and check the interest level.  I realize this is a holiday weekend, but it will be on for a week.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment