Monday, October 3, 2016

Have You Taken a Spiritual Inventory Lately?

 
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want, He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul.  He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His namesake” (Psalm 23:1-4).

Hey Gang:  I am scheduled to do my semi-annual physical in the near future soon.  As I get older I tend to be more careful to make sure all the parts are still working as they should.  I must admit that I am more aware of many of those parts, due the messages they send to my brain. But, up until now, I have been able to not allow my body dictate what I will do in a day.

I am truly blessed.  Although I have an ailment or two, my body allows me to do manual labor just not at the same intensity or level as yesteryear.  Last year, at 81 years of age I cut, split and stacked 25 cord of wood.  I admit it pleases me to look out back at the wood pile and know I only have to do about 10 or 12 cord this year.

But recently, God seems to be tapping me on the shoulder saying to me, “When was the last time you took a hard look at your spiritual health and examined some very basics of a strong Christian walk with  ME?”

Question number one:  “Kermit do you still believe?”   “Do you still believe that I love you unconditionally”. 

Kermit, “Do you still believe all things work together for good to them that love me?”  “Do you believe I love you – that I forgave all your past sins, present sins and even all future sins if you will trust in me place your trust in Me?”

Kermit, ”Do you still believe you are in the palm of my hand – that you are more precious than gold to your Savior?”  Do you believe that I am the only way, truth and life the only path to Abba Father?

Kermit, “There is no great love than to be willing to lay down your life for the brethren.  Are you prepared to lay down your life for Me and for your Christian brothers and sisters?

To quote an Amish scribe who shared with all who would listen, “Do all the good you can, by all he means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you can.” 

John put it this way “Beloved let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God” (I John 4:7).

So my young lads and lassies, what say ye?  Is it time for a spiritual physical?  It could be as the balm of Gilead and turns your joy into dancing! 

Blessings,

PS Tomorrow Oct 4 Franklin Graham and the Decision America Team will be holding a Prayer Rally at noon on the Steps of the MI Capitol in Lansing.  Join us if you can – or at least pray with us during part of that hour.

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment