Friday, October 7, 2016

Where Has All the Wisdom Gone?


“To know wisdom and instruction, to discern the sayings of understanding, to receive instruction in wise behavior, righteousness, justice and equity, to give prudence to the naive, to the youth knowledge and discretion,  a wise man will hear and increase in learning and man of understanding will acquire wise counsel” (Pro. 1:2-5).

Hey Gang:  As a young whipper snapper, I did not have much interest in Proverbs.  As a matter of fact I tended to detour around the book.  When you are not walking with the Lord, you tend to detour around a lot of the books.  But this morning, the rains are falling and my indoor chores are completed so have spent a couple hours in Proverbs.  Wow, what a great book.

Ya know, I believe Proverbs was designed for all ages with a focus on the younger folks, but it is in the later years that we begin to truly understand the power in each verse.  Now, to put a little meat on that statement, let me give you an example:  Proverbs 1:22-23 gives us a truth that is certainly true in this day. There have been increasing numbers of days lately when I wonder if people truly have their heads screwed on and their brains in working order.  (Written Jan 2016).

Notice Solomon’s words: keep in mind God called him the second wisest person to walk the earth! “How long, O naïve ones, will you love being simple minded?  And scoffers delight themselves in scoffing and fools hate knowledge?”  Is that not a question that fits today’s leaders?

I recently read the following quip that made sense to me; “We elect people that we believe can repair the damage that has been growing in our nation and return the country back to the days when it was successful and a great power and a great missionary nation to the world but, the moment that new person steps over the Belt Line Border, they leave their common sense behind.” 

We are presently in the midst of the agony and pain process of choosing who will be the person to occupy the oval office for the next four years.  I have a great fear that God will give us what we deserve and not a Moses, or Joseph to lead us out of the wilderness.

It blew my mind and broke my heart when I learned, after our current president was elected for his second term, that more than twenty million- who called themselves Christian did not vote.  And Baruch Hussein Obama was elected by a small majority.   That was before our nation choose to honor gay everything and before we reaffirmed that we should put no restrictions on the rights of woman to kill the life that is developing in them.

So let me close this epistle with some verses that the Lord has been bringing to my recollection lately:  The first is from the pen of Paul when he wrote, “For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.  For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God” (Rom. 8:18-19).  Is there a longing in your heart to see the King of kings and Lord of lords take back what is rightfully His?

The second comes from the pen of Daniel and is a wee bit lengthy but I fear if I do not type it out you may not take the time to turn to it, sooo read it very slowly; “Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a night vision.  Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.  Daniel said, “Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, For wisdom and power belong to Him.  It is He who changes the times and the epochs, He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men and Knowledge to men of understanding” (Dan 2:19-21). 

But, my friends, there is a prerequisite to Him sharing His blessings: they come when, “My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their lands” (11 Chron. 7:14).

Franklin Graham who has taken His Decision America crusade to more than half of the states and will complete his crusade before the year ends threw out this challenge: “Hold your nose, and go out and vote.  Remember God used ungodly people to do His work.” My challenge to you is to memorize or place on a three by five card and carry with you 2 Chronicles 7:14 and pray it many times each day.

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment