Friday, October 21, 2016

I Wonder If It Is FInished?

Hey Gang:

We have entered the countdown stage in preparation for our return to Israel as real live breathing homo sapiens.  I expect to return there – New Jerusalem -  and live in the presence of my Lord for all eternity after God stops my thumper from thumping.  I pray all of you will join me there.

 I wonder, as Gramps moves beyond his 83rd years, if it is time to put Gramps to bed.  When God tapped me on the shoulder and suggested, I was more concerned with passing down the material gifts that He had provided for me and my bride, than I was in passing down my ‘spiritual legacy; to my children, grands and great grands.  I had no thought of a ‘Blog”, or that it would last this long.  In the six years, since I sent out that first message to our Grands, more than a messages have gone out; the first blog was published on September 1, 2011.

There is no way this Pennsylvania Hillbilly kid could have done that without God feeding me and putting His words into my heart and mind.  In the first year, I simply wrote what I believed God was saying through me but, near the end of the first year, a very good friend suggested I send out the messages as a blog.  Without his leading and support, I am sure the blog would have been put on the web or lasted very long. 

So, you can see, that the blog has not been a solo endeavor but a team effort.  The bride-of-my-youth labored over each one, correcting my bad grammar and spelling and fighting with the computer.  In a sense, my part was the easiest, God dictated and I typed, and then I turned the rest of the process over to my bride.

Unless you have memorized each morning message since its inception, there are more than 950 blogs in the Gramps blog you can re-read for future resources.  In preparing for our coming trip to Israel, we sought the Lord’s counsel on what He would have us do about the Gramps Morning Messages and have concluded that since part of our tenure there will be in getting our hands dirty in work projects, and the remainder of the remaining time traveling and touring, we would not try and squeeze developing and sending out the blogs while there, so the last blog will be sent will be Monday the twenty-fourth of October.  It will be an outline of our month in Israel; This will enable you to pray for us as we volunteer, minister and tour. 

In closing, I thank you who sent words of encouragement over the years.  It would have been nice to hear from all who availed themselves of the blogs, so that we could have actively prayed for each.   There were many times when I considered putting Gramps to bed, but a word would come from one of you that spurred me on.  There were also times when God put a fresh word in my heart and mind that I felt must go out.

Oh, by the way, it is not my intention to dry up; I will continue to seek what God is saying and might even send out an occasional blog.  If interested, a check once in a while might be suggested.

We, my bride and I, wish you God’s richest blessings.  I pray He has rung your bell through what He has said through us.  We will return from Israel on November 19. 

Blessings,  

Gramps and Gma

No comments:

Post a Comment