Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I Have Been Blessed -Have You? If Not, WHy Not?



“Give and it shall be given to you…For by your standard of measure it will be given to you in return.” (Luke 6:38).

Hey Gang, Have you ever looked down the road and wondered what your next great plateau will be?  As I have become more mature (that is a subtle way of saying when you become as old as dirt) I have dug down in my memory banks to some of the milestones that God allowed me to enjoy. 

I have noticed that, as I have grown older, my thoughts have turned more and more to that day when I will shed this body and stand before my Lord.  Wow, ‘what a day that will be when my Savior I shall see’.

One of those revisited milestones was the day that God laid it on my heart that I needed to pass my Christian legacy down to my children, grands and great grands. We do have a tendency to be more concerned to make sure our kids reap the dividends of the bangles and beads that we have accumulated in our lifetime.  But those things will soon pass away and only those things done for God will last!

When I wrote the first Gramps Morning Message, my intentions were not God’s intentions.  I thought a month or two would be suffice to share my Christian legacy with my family and a few loved ones.  But I had also learned, in the development of the Village, that my intentions were seldom God’s intentions.  

It has been my prayer, since message number one went out, that the morning messages would be an encouragement and build a little fire in the hearts of the readers, as they get ready to face the battle of the day. I would also suggest that I am the one who gains the most from the morning messages, for it is me that does the research in the Word and many sources that come across my desk, and in seeking help and guidance from Abba Father. 

I have always tried to remain outside of the repetition loop, because I know folks tend to tire of the “same old stuff” and seek new venues that perk their appetites.  I have a confession to make, I have wondered, on many occasions, if it is time for me to retire Gramps and seek other venues of service to my Lord but each time I begin to consider ending the morning messages, it seems God says “not just yet!”

When a good friend and Christian brother suggested that I should consider developing a blog for the messages, I did not have a clue as to what a ‘blog’ was.  When he offered to set it up and help with the maintenance and adding the graphics to the ‘blog’ I readily agreed.  I have learned that the real value of the ‘blog’ is the encouragement received because I know there are people that are opening the ‘blog’(more than 61,000 such hits).

We have gone through some very tough times in our family during the years of the blog and there have been times when writing the morning messages has been very difficult, but how faithful God has been to send a very special warrior across my path to remind me that He is still speaking to those through the morning messages. 

That is my challenge to you this morning – you will cross paths with someone who needs a touch from the Lord – you can be that toucher.  Jesus said, “Be obedient and “go” and let the rest up to Me.” 

So, will this be be last morning message from the pen of Gramps? I will wait and see what the true Author of the blogs has to say about it.  In the mean time we, my editor ‘Grandma’ and me wish you God’s protection, a deeper love fo r Jesus, and that each places your hands in the hands of the One who stills the waters.

Blessings,

Gramps  



No comments:

Post a Comment