Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Have You Ever Turned Aside to See a Burning Bush AND.......

Have You Ever Turned Aside to See a Burning Bush and Got Your Fingers Singed?  It can be a life changing experience!



“The angel of the Lord appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.  So Moses said “I must turn aside now and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up.”  (Ex. 3:2-3). 

Hey Gang:  One of the neat things about the Word of God is, He gives us different people with different character traits that meet our needs at different times.  I am not one that has ever had a problem with overconfidence or feeling I am superior to anyone.  The depression years and growing up in the mountains of Pennsylvania took that out of me.

I have often asked God the question, Why did He allow me to be the founder and builder of the Village when there were multitudes of people out there that have much greater skills and abilities than I>” His response was always, “You were willing”.  Does that mean I was always confident of the decisions I was making were the right ones?   Heavens to Betsy – ‘NO.’

 As I stand on Mount Nose (so named by the our own kids) and look across the campus and all that He has done, did I wonder how He did it in spite of my mega shortcomings?

When most folks think of Moses they remember his dependence on God and the strength that He maintained throughout his walk with the Lord.  Was He perfect?  No, he lost his cool one day and struck the rock.   Under the circumstances I would have beaten the rock into dust.

There were many times when I faced problems that I did not have a clue how to solve.  Now this may sound strange, but I believe that was my greatest asset - for it made me totally dependent on God to lead and give me the wisdom to do what needed to be done.  If there was ever a person who depended on spoon feeding for the day from the throne room of heaven it was yours truly.

Notice, when God gave Moses the mission He had for him, Moses was not ecstatic with joy.  His first response, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?”  (vs. 11).  “Who will I say sent me?”  “Lord, I don’t talk so good” “What if they do not
believe me”.  Does that sound like a man of confidence? 

Why I like the story of Moses - because it removed the feeling that I have nothing to offer the Lord.  He showed me that my greatest asset to God was my willingness to be used by God, no matter what the assignment.  

So, my young friends, are you willing to check out a burning bush to see what challenge the Lord has for you today? 
Are you willing to be an Isaiah who said, “Here am I, Send Me!” (Isa. 6:8)?
 
Blessings.


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment