Friday, July 21, 2017

The Deeper the Well, the Purer the Water!

Going down to the well at Megiddo - we have been there!

“How can a young man keep his way pure?  By keeping it according to Your word.  With all my heart, I have sought You; Do not let me wander from Your commandments.  Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You” (Psalm 119: 9-11).

Hey Gang: Confession time – I enjoy doing Gramps Morning Thoughts.  I haven’t a clue, if they are penetrating to the depths of each reader’s heart. I pray they are, but they do keep me focused on the Word and what God is doing in our world, even in this day of darkness.  I pray diligently each morning as I hit the send button that it is God’s message going out and not mine.  I am but the recorder, I pray He is the Author.

The reason it is such a joy to prepare the blogs and gmails, each day, is that it keeps me in the Word.  I love to take a word and trace the road that God would have us traverse as His children.  My biggest problem, in preparing the final draft, is that I want to share so much more than space allows. 

As most of you who receive these epistles know, I have always been a teacher of the Seed Planting Principle: “That God is not mocked, we are going to reap what we sow” (Gal. 6:7). 

I have learned throughout the years of being in the Word that all of God’s precepts, statutes, and commandments are, not only irrevocable but are also based on “Common sense”.  It does not take a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to understand that, if we beat up our bodies with booze, cigarettes and drugs, we are going to pay the Piper ‘big time’, down the road.

Peter addressed this very thing in chapter 5:5-6 of his first epistle: “Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God”  Why?  “..that he may exalt you at the proper time.”  He follows this with a word of reassurance for those of us who struggle: “Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.” 

Now notice, Peter describes why good people have problems: “Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (vs.8).   But, thank God for the “but”, “…resist him, be firm in your faith …for one day Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you” (vs. 9). 

Keep in mind that no matter how clean you keep your house, the evil one continues to look over your shoulder and look for an opening to, not only move into your house. but also to bring his cousins along. 

Blessings,

Gramps 

PS Watch for the series beginning Monday "Lord, Did I Miss something?  

No comments:

Post a Comment