Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Caring - How Much?

“Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.”  (Gal. 6:2).  “Now we who ae strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves” (Rom. 15:1).

Hey Gang:  In the very early days of Eagle Village each day was a tremendous challenge with alligators continually nipping at my heels.  There was never enough money to meet the day’s needs, the staff consisted of young, very inexperienced, but dedicated people, who had no clue how to talk a kid down from a tree- because he was ticked off at what he was served for lunch.

Satan could see down the road and the influence Eagle Village might have on families and he did not like it one bit.  So, he set out to nip it in the bud -by destroying the confidence and enthusiasm of its founder – “ME”.

My office, at that time, was a very small and run down cabin that we used for everything from cooking to sleeping.  My secretary, at that time, was a tremendously caring and compassionate person who could read me like a book.  He knew when the cares of the world were weighing on me.  Oh, by the way, that caring person was my secretary- as well as my father-in-law.

One day when it seemed the roof was falling, the Peter principle was operating in full force- “If it can go wrong it will”, several fights were breaking out and young staff need gluing back together, I retreated to the kitchen to pay bills.  As per usual, the bills did not match the amount available and the last bill in was placed in the ‘hold file’ until God’s provision came in.    

It was at the peak of my depression- and throwing in the towel was a serious consideration- that my Father–in-Law came in, set a cup of coffee before me and placed his hand on my head. He left as quietly as he had come in.  Now, I never looked at my father-in-law as being an angel but I certainly believe he was God’s anointed that morning.

What I am saying?  I do not recall a day in my life when things were looking bleak that God did not send someone out there to minister to me.  Maybe there is someone in your life that needs a special touch.. 

Grampa Beery, as he became known to the boys, was always there when the rubber-hit-the road.  I firmly believe it was his prayers, his encouragement and the sheer fact that he was there when I needed him the most, that kept my sane and on track to do what God commissioned me to do.  My prayer for you this morning is that you too, have a ‘Grampa’ in your life!

My grandma once said to me, “Some are called to pray, some are called for action.  That is the purpose of the family of God.  Some are given wisdom, some the gift of healing.  Still others are called on to perform miracles, and some the gift of prophecy.  No matter what your gift might be, keep in mind when you ae not fulfilling your God-given purpose, you are leaving-what Frank Constantino preached as “leaving a hole in time, in God’s order.” 

Also keep in mind when you are not fulfilling your God-given marching orders, the hole you leave will be passed down through the generations!  So, friends and neighbors, make sure your armor is in place, polished and ready for action, your sword (Bible) is in your hand, your lamp filled with the Spirit of God and ready for warfare and you are alert to the needs of others.

Blessings,
Cari

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment